Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Resolving debt

jakegreen2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.

I recently found out via checking my credit score, that I am in debt with Vodafone.

The debt is totalling just under £1780, due to them adding a cancellation fee of £1300.

I have been trying to resolve this with Vodafone for the past few weeks now, and am being passed from team to team, who tell me something different each time.

I was finally advised of my options and was told to speak to TDX General (debt collectors) before I decided on the best option finacially.

1. Pay my outstanding unpaid bills of £400ish, and continue with my contract, and the cancellation fee would be wiped.

According to Vodafone, I took my contract out in April 2018, and it will only end in Septembr 2020, they cnanot explain why an additional 5 months has been added to my 24 month contract.

2. Pay the total amount in full, over 3 months.

3. Speak with TDX General regarding a settlement figure.

I have rang TDX General twice now, and they have no record of me.

I have now again spoke with Vodafone, who have now told me that TDX General have passed this back to Vodafone and it has been wiped off. Im not really sure what this means?

I was also asked what payment options could be made with Vodafone, and I wasnt really advised of much. It seemed as there was no interest in resolving this issue.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this, as I really just want it off my credit rating ASAP.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@jakegreen2 

You will need to liase with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Vodafone Facebook  or Vodafone Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Once paid off the debt will change from Outstanding to settled.

However the default if warranted would remain on your Credit File for 6 years.from.the default date.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.