Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retentions Team

AmyC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I requested my PAC code several days ago and at the time was offered several "deals" to tempt me from getting my PAC code. These did include slight package discounts on Iphone X contracts but weren't big enough to tempt to me re sign a contract. Today I had a missed call from Vodafones retention team so called them back. The person I spoke to wouldn't even entertain the idea of speaking to me about Iphone contracts (which is what I'm after) but instead could offer me a fairly good deal on a 12 month sim only plan with the option to "upgrade after three months". After much pushing on my part I understand that should you wish to "upgrade after three months" the remaining months of your contract are then added on to any new contract you take out, but, the monthly cost isn't. Not really such a great deal then...... So I'm just wondering why retentions wouldn't talk to me about Iphone pricing but, the team who gave me my PAC code were prepared to?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@AmyC

Call 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option. 

That should hopefully get you through to them. 

IPhones are actively sought after by customers so the Networks dont need to offer those types of deals on them if im being honest. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thats exactly what I did. Its the retentions team today who won't even talk to me about an iphone contract whereas when I spoke to the contact centre the other evening about getting my back code they were able to offer a small discount on iphone contracts. I'm confused as to why there is such disparity. 

BandOfBrothers

@AmyC wrote:

Thats exactly what I did. Its the retentions team today who won't even talk to me about an iphone contract whereas when I spoke to the contact centre the other evening about getting my back code they were able to offer a small discount on iphone contracts. I'm confused as to why there is such disparity. 

Anything that has been offered should have been noted on your Account Notes. Ask them on 191 to check. 

If Vodafone wont / cannot offer you a deal thats enticing to you then either try CPW to upgrade/ take out the contract or look at accepting the best smartphone you can get and sell that to accrue funds to buy yourself an iPhone either on Payg or sim free direct from Apple. #Just a thought. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @AmyC

The advisor would have been recommending the flexible upgrade offer.  As you will see from the link below, any time remaining on the SIM only contract will be cancelled and written off.

Flexible Upgrades

If you are looking for a discounted contract, you will need to look at an alternative handset, there are indeed more than enough customers waiting for an iphone x.  The iphone x is high in demand, networks have no need to discount the phone.  However, there is nothing stopping you from looking at third party contracts with Vodafone.

But what happens to the remaining months left on your 12 month sim only deal? Do Vodafone genuinly just waver it provided your signing a contract with them for a new phone for 24 months?

AnnS

Vodafone certainly do @AmyC.  Providing you sign a new handset 24 month contract, any remaining time left on the 12 month SIM only is written off.  It might be worth mentioning the contract has to come direct from Vodafone, third party contracts are not eligible.

Take a look at the link from support.

If you have a 12-month SIM only plan, you automatically qualify for a free upgrade to any Vodafone Pay monthly phone plan after 3 months.

If you decide to upgrade, we’ll simply cancel your 12-month SIM only contract.