Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve disconnected number ??

Radi0girl
1: Seeker
Hi. I had a mobile number which I chose to disconnect back in May this year. However on the day it was disconnected I changed my mind and phoned Vodafone to request for a PAC code. However I was informed that it was too late. Since May I have phoned Vodafone quite a few times and requested for this number to be reconnected. However have been told that it is not possible and the number will be recycled. Is there any way in this world that I can get my old number back??
138 REPLIES 138

Hi @Supernance 👋 We can certainly look at the possibilities of retrieving your number, if you can pop our social teams a message by clicking here and we will happily take a look at this 😊

Can you contact me about retrieving my number I had since 1998. Spoke with Vodafone and they said it was impossible. I guess it was someone who doesn’t know how to do it.

Thanks in advance

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@chipie10 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can't access accounts via this forum anymore.

They can if a person contacts them via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries/l. 

That said due to the length of time you haven't had access to the number my feelings are that you being able to be provided the number back isn't an option.

Typically a person has 90 days to have the number returned to them after initial disconnection. 

The number may have been recycled and given to another person and or passed to another network or quarantined until a future time that it's reactivated and passed on.

Sorry to not have more positive news.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sorry, probably didn’t make myself clear, I’ve had it since 1998, but Vodafone seem to have cut it off within the last few weeks.

BandOfBrothers

Ok @chipie10 

That's fine.

So my advice still stands about the timeframe of being able to get a phone number back and that you'll need to speak to either customer services again or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via the link I gave.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Tech team,

Can you help me too?  I want my number back..  I will take a new contract..  Whatever I have to do..

Kind regards

Phil

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@p1833914 So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team.

Hi,

I have a similar problem.  Had a v2 sure signal for 5 years.  Registered it with an old vodafone work number which is now inactive.

The issue being that I can't recieve the text code to log into my old account.  So can't deregister and reregister my sure signal, neither can I access the sure signal account to add or remove users.....   I spent about 2 hours on the phone to VF last year to try and resolve.  They could identify all my details, agreed I am who I am, that the old number was mine, that my new number is on the account, that the sure signal is at my address.   But due to their security were unable to update/change my account phone number so that I can receive the text and log into my SS account.

At the time my phone was still connected so gave up.  Having just changed phones my SS doesn't connect to it and now can't access the account to reregister the phone....

Please help!!!!!  Thank you 🙂

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jbtemp As we'll need to access your account to look into your query further, please contact our team using the information in the private message I've sent. 

Dear Alex or Moderator - I had the same problem in regards to loosing my number. I had a number since I was 9 (nearly 30 years ago) and I lost the number. Is there any chance of retrieving it? I tried calling the number and I believe it is not in use. 

Please could you send me the details of the people I need to speak with to help?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,
Sam