Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieving Lost Mobile Phone Number

ShowannaWright
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear team,

I have a number that might have been just disconnected from Vodafone. I originally ported the number from O2.

Is it possible to check whether this mobile phone number is still available?

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

What happens when you try to ring that number @ShowannaWright  ?

If it's all happened recently then hopefully they can help.

Vodafone Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can help by checking your account. 

Also the social media Teams Vodafone Twitter and Vodafone Facebook  can check your account.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Dear team,

I have a number that might have been just disconnected from Vodafone. I originally ported the number from O2.

Is it possible to check whether this mobile phone number is still available?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your answers.

The number seems to be disconnected at the moment and not available.

I will reach out to the Social Media teams.

AnnS

Hi @ShowannaWright 

Exactly how long has the number been disconnected?

It would need to be very recent within the last week to reconnect the contract and issue a PAC.

@ShowannaWright wrote:

Thanks for your answers.

The number seems to be disconnected at the moment and not available.

I will reach out to the Social Media teams.

You're very welcome @ShowannaWright 

Please do contact the Social Media Teams as they can access your account and give you official assistance. 

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ShowannaWright 

The problem you are going to have with the number having been on pay monthly and being disconnected is the number may well have been returned to the originating network for reuse.

However, it depends on how long the contract has been terminated, if it has only just been cancelled, there may be a chance but it will mean reconnecting your contract and this will mean paying your monthly line rental for at least 30 days.   This will enable Vodafone to issue a PAC, valid for 30 days, to take to a new provider to port the number. 

The quickest way to get this solved will be using live chat, they will be able to give an indication if there is a chance the number can be retrieved.