Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming charges

Sampeter
1: Seeker

Can I call a UK mobile in France within my monthly call allowance? My wife is visiting a friend in France for a few days and is taking her UK based smartphone with her. When I call her from my Vodaphone account will that be taken from my monthly call allowance or will that be treated as an additional charge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

You can call as normal. It doesn't matter whether a UK number is in this country or overseas the call will be taken from your normal monthly allowance at no extra cost.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

jeffkinn

You can call as normal. It doesn't matter whether a UK number is in this country or overseas the call will be taken from your normal monthly allowance at no extra cost.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

Hi @Sampeter

You have global roaming, this means you are able to call any number in a roam free destination, including a French number. Please see the link below.

Vodafone Global Roaming

@Sampeter

It is your Wife who has the Global roaming.  

jeffkinn

@AnnS I take it from the first post that the husband is staying in the UK while his wife visits France. In that scenario she will be able to call French numbers within her normal allowance but he won't be able to from the UK. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

Sorry, @jeffkinn Jeff. My fault.  I read it in a hurry.