Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming charges

Polmack2000
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello I'm just back from holiday in Corfu and I have been charged twice at a total of £12.00 for picking up Albania while what I thought was free roaming in Europe. but Albania is not part of free roaming areas. . I did get a text as soon as it did this but was no help as  I had already been charged.(no option to say no or yes when it changed over to Albania)  Is this my fault. Will I be able to get this refunded. In the end I had to switch data of just to stop being charged for a 3rd time... This never happened last time on holiday there but I was on a different network back then... Thanks

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When you are close to a border of a country there are chances your phone might connect to a Network of the Neighbouring Country.

The best way to avoid this is when you reach a Roaming Country, Select the Network Manually.
This could happen if you are on the Kent Coast.

I am afraid this is something that you need to take responsibilty for. You could contact Customer Service. They might waive it, but be ready to accept if they don't.

Thanks I managed to contact them on Facebook messenger of all places and it's all sorted. They waived the fees this time . I didn't even know you could chose the area manually when roaming to stop it changing over. I do now. Thanks..