Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming charges

craigyb
4: Newbie

I have just arrived in the Ukraine. I received a text telling me data was now 10p M/b. Which is great.

2 minutes later I get another text telling me I'm still on the old roaming rates and my data will be capped at £39.99

Sure enough I was trying to find my apartment and contact and my data was cut off leaving me high and dry in the center of Odessa with no data.

Now from what I understand and what the text told me I should only be paying 10p per megabyte. So what's going on Vodafone? 

There will be some very angry words tomorrow if I have a £40+ charge on my bill.

Just for the record I'm roaming on vodafone.ua according to my SIM manager

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your confused after receiving those texts and then finding no data connection. Although this could have been an issue with the masts you were latched to at fault.

Can you try manually choosing another Network ?

Turn your phone Off and On to refresh network connection. 

To point out there is No 4G connection in that country.

I would suggest to use this link to double check the faqs @craigyb

Vodafone costs - travelling-abroad.

Live Chat can also help for Official Clarification > Vodafone - contact-us.

If your concerned then if your phone is Unlocked to All Networks then you could use a local SIM card for data use and or any available Wifi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

arrived in Malaysia on 3rd august and was aware of old roaming charges were being replaced on 5th. But to my extreme annoyance and inconvenience my data got blocked on the 5th due to data cap and Vodafone live chat did not know about new charges and kept insisting that Malaysia was not in new charging zone.... I had to send a pdf from your own website to prove to them of their inaccurate info....

absolutely rubbish service.

I've had to send uncap to ur txt service, ut still getting messages from 3 different Vodafone sources stating the old charges....

I'm not happy, especially with the robots on the chat service. Bad training and lack of up to date info....

I'm now faced with huge charged and lots of time and inconvenience trying to sort this out....

please note this against my Vodafone account so when I ring u from UK on my return....

AnnS

Hi @craigyb

The Ukraine in in the Rest of the World Zone 1 and is not a roam free destination.  This means you will be paying the standard roaming charges of 10p per mb.

As you have probably reached your data spend, Vodafone have applied a cap to prevent you incurring additional charges on your bill when you return to the UK.  If you would like to remove the cap, the information can be found on the link below.

Support - Data caps

If you need further clarification and support if you have WiFi available, live chat should work from the Ukraine.

I have only reached my data cap because Vodafone have been applying the wrong charges.  I am here for another 3 weeks with no service. How is that acceptable?

I'm on my 3rd call with Vodafone and no further towards fixing this screw up by Vodafone. I have been to the Ukraine many times and I'm fully aware of the old data charges and avoid using my SIM data in favour of WiFi whenever possible.

I find your answer quite insulting and basically laying the blame with me. All the countries around me are also in the zone 1 and rated at 10p mb. So even if I was connected to another countries mast which I doubt as the Ukraine is massive and I'm pretty much in middle. I should only be charged at 10p mb

Crap service and network again from Vodafone

After my 3rd call in 6 days to Vodafone they have finally reinstated my service and removed the ridiculous charges.