Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming in EU after 11 June fair usage

barryd999
4: Newbie

I understand that after 11 June roaming charges are to be abolished.  The understanding I have from the EU is that it is intended for temporary visits and not if you are resident in a European country outside of the UK.  I did however see a fair usage policy T&C's on Vodafones website stating 2 months was their fair usage policy but that was for one of their roaming packages before the 11 June and before charges are to be abolished.

I am going away on holiday across several countries within the EU in a couple of weeks time.  I will be out of the UK for around three to four months.  Can I Assume that I will be able to use my SIM only contract package throughout that time within the EU just as I can here in the UK without incurring charges?  Does anyone have any facts or T&C's they can post.  I want concrete evidence that I will be free to use my minutes and data for up to four months in Europe.

11 REPLIES 11

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Angusbbb You're able to view this information in the Ts&Cs of Vodafone Global Roaming, under 'Is there a fair usage policy?' 

This is what I have in writing directly from Vodafone from my online chat with them.

"Rest assured that you can use your data services for 4 months during your travel to Europe without any interruption. Ganesh, 12 Jun. 2017, 3:19pm"

Perhaps the T&Cs are there to cover themselves if people abuse it.  I havemt  Hardly made any calls, never tethered my phone and just used less than half my data allowance checking emails and short browsing sessions on my phone.