Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming in Turkeyy

grandabilly
2: Seeker

I'm surprised that the Community is not up in arms about Vodafone's plan to remove Turkey from their list of free roaming destinations.  Especially since the last time they tried it there was an outcry!  Is it down to Covid-19?

29 REPLIES 29

grandabilly

I'm surprised that the Community is not up in arms about Vodafone's plan to remove Turkey from their list of free roaming destinations.  Especially since the last time they tried it there was an outcry!  Is it down to Covid-19?

Hi @grandabilly 

I see this came up also in 2018 going from this thread 》Pay-monthly/Turkey-will-be-removed-from-global-roaming-free-zone which looks like Vodafone changed what they were going to do.

I know see from Travelling-abroad  they have stated From 6th May, Turkey will be a roam further destination, so you’ll pay £6 a day to use your UK allowance of data, minutes and texts.  "

I'm sure some won't  be overly happy at this.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @grandabilly 

There have been some recent posts on the forum from disappointed customers who have enjoyed roaming free in Turkey for an extra year when other networks had already removed Turkey from the Europe zone and were adding roaming charges.

However, if you have Global Roaming Plus included in your tariff available on unlimited Max plan or have the product included with a Red Entertainment plan, you will still be able to roam in Turkey without paying roaming charges.  There is information on Global Roaming Plus here: Global Roaming Plus Destinations 

This won't be due to Coronavirus and will be a business decision in line with other network providers but if any customer is stranded in Turkey and unable to get home after the 6th May, they need to contact Vodafone for help with the charges.

The best way to contact Vodafone at the moment is by following the attached link and contact the Team through Social Media using Twitter or Facebook messenger: Contact Us 

Hi - would love to get clarification on this, but so far have hit a brick wall. Called the number given on the text when this was announced to move my 6 business numbers and was told definitively that turkey would not be included in the roaing after the change without changing to teh max plan, so obtained the pac codes and started proces changing to 3. Then heard there was a change and called same number to be told that vodafone had done a u-turn as they did last year and had cancelled the change. Tried to verify this through facebook page but have been unable  get a reply despite repeated messages and requests.

Many thanks for your response.  As a longstanding customer of Three, I migrated to Vodafone only because they included Turkey in their Roaming list, so you can imagine my irritation to have this change of policy attempted for the second time. 

It would be good to receive some feedback directly from Vodafone.

Please keep up the pressure and let us know if you can verify the current position.

Thanks again.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @collingtrees1, there haven't been any changes to this since the announcement was made that Turkey will no longer be in our Roam Free destinations from 6 May. We'll definitely be able to feed back any misadvice you received when making the call to us once we reach your Facebook message.

We remain the only UK operator to offer roaming at no extra cost with our Unlimited Max plans when travelling to Turkey. If you change your mind, we'd love the opportunity to help further. While our team wouldn't be able to discuss your options further, the team will be able to help on the number you've received in your letter or text.

Thanks for the comment, I've now had three different stories.

One from you saying it's definately stopping on 6th May.

One from the guy on 0808 0057369 ( business) saying on the 2/4 its definately been cancelled.

One sent by vodafone media relations on the 2/4 to ispreview website.

Screenshot_2020-04-06 Vodafone UK in Welcome U-Turn Over Turkey Roaming Hike - ISPreview UK.png

So thanks for chipping in - which one do I believe?

screenshot did not display so here is the text of vodafones message :

Copy of Vodafone’s Message

“Appreciate current events could prevent you from returning to the UK as planned. Keeping you connected is our number one priority, so we’ll be giving you 30 days unlimited data at no extra cost. We’ll send you a text when your unlimited data is available.

We’re also delaying the change to the cost of roaming in Turkey until 07 July 2020 for all our customers currently in Turkey.”

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Are you currently in the UK or Turkey at the moment @collingtrees1