Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rude chat lady

RolloLola
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My contract is due to end in 35 days, so I am due to upgrade. I just spoke on web chat to Liz from the upgrades dept. I asked about an iPhone X. She offered me a deal (including 2 yrs manufacturers warranty worth £140, which is weird as that should be given anyway). I said it was too expensive and I was hoping to pay what I pay now. 

She then ignored me... I asked for my Pac code and no response. I said hello and she came on and confirmed we were still connected, but then continued not to speak to me. I kept saying hello, but not response. 

I've been a customer for over 10 years. Im pretty shocked at this level of rudeness. If that offer (over 60 a month, plus 99 upfront) is the best you can offer then fair enough - just say, but to ignore me is absolutely atrocious. 

How do I get my Pac code? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It's common for the Live Chat agents to be engaged with a few customers at the same time hence the possible lapse in response time. Or internet connection was lagging. 

I'd suggest to phone 191 and speak to an agent in the Retentions Department.

Press the thinking of leaving option. 

They can give you the Pac once security checks have been completed if you still want to leave. 

Be aware not all networks offer the same signal and data speeds in the same places. 

If you do not like the offers they can give then as long as your not wanting vea employers discount try Carphone Warehouse. 

What you will find is that flagship iPhones command expensive tariffs and possible upfront handset fee's. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

It's common for the Live Chat agents to be engaged with a few customers at the same time hence the possible lapse in response time. Or internet connection was lagging. 

I'd suggest to phone 191 and speak to an agent in the Retentions Department.

Press the thinking of leaving option. 

They can give you the Pac once security checks have been completed if you still want to leave. 

Be aware not all networks offer the same signal and data speeds in the same places. 

If you do not like the offers they can give then as long as your not wanting vea employers discount try Carphone Warehouse. 

What you will find is that flagship iPhones command expensive tariffs and possible upfront handset fee's. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks. I just find it odd and that's what's upset me.

I was thinking of getting the iPhone 8 plus instead. I have an s8+ at the moment, but the lack of home button bugs me a little and I want to be able to use facetime and imessage.

BandOfBrothers

I'm sure the agent didn't intend to upset you. 

Yes iMessage and Facetime is indeed a  crucial feature for many. 

There are alternatives on android but I can see the draw of using an iPhone for these features. 

I personally used iPhones for quite a number of years but as per my forum signature I'm now using a Samsung Note 9. 

Current Phone  >

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@RolloLola I'm really sorry to hear about the recent experience you've had with one of our Live Chat agents. We'd never want to make anyone feel upset and an upgrade should be an exciting time! 

Where are you up to at the moment? Are you still looking to get your PAC code and leave us or have you managed to speak with someone else to find the perfect upgrade for you?