Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S20 ultra

cestyousaf
2: Seeker

hi guys I was wondering if anyone keeps getting lied to about their delivery date, I placed a order for an s20 ultra on the 18th March I was told it would arrive in 3days since then i am getting misleading information, on Monday I rang Vodafone to ask what was happening with my order and I was told it's was arriving on the 1st of April being all excited waited all day but it didn't arrive, now I'm being told I am going to have to wait another 10 days for a further update, I currently have two other contracts with Vodafone and I am honestly considering to changing to a new network. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @cestyousaf 

I've seen one other thread on the forum where the person had been given three dates for delivery and it still waiting.

Of course I submit there maybe people still waiting who haven't joined the forum to make their opinion known at having to wait and to add balance I'm sure a good amount of people have received theirs.

I think Vodafone have a supply and demand issue and may not have enough phones been sent by Samsung to allot to people who have ordered them. This does typically happen with the launch of flagship phones unfortunately.

Also Pre Ordering does not guarantee a person a phone which some do think it does.

I understand your not happy with the situation and feel like leaving however when someone says there thinking of leaving I always say they should check what other networks provide in the way of signal and data speeds where they live , commute , work and frequent.

Use a Payg sim card to test them out and don't rely on online network checkers as they only give an indication and not a guarantee of service.

Not all Networks offer the same signal etc as they have fringe coverage areas and not spots. So a person could end up with the phone of choice but then experience connection issues thus spoiling the experience of using their new phone !

Look I get that your upset and venting and you've every right to be but is it worth changing everything because of a phone.

I assume your still using your sim card in your current phone or a borrowed phone etc right now to tide you over ?

The Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra phone is an awesome phone and is worth waiting for  :Winking_smiley:

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

appreciate the reply, I understand that it's Samsung not providing the phone but what's frustrating it seems like Vodafone are just giving me dates just to calm their customers until then, I've spend hours on the phone and on wait, waking up early just to see that I don't miss my delivery, I didn't preorder the phone I ordered after the realise so that's what annoys me, if they haven't fulfilled their preorders how are they saying will get your phone to you within three working days ,just say the phone is out of stock. 

BandOfBrothers

I'm assuming the agents are giving dates on what they can see through their systems at the time but these lead times can change.

On the online Vodafone website the phone is showing as 1-2 weeks which points to stock availability not being available. 

🏳️‍🌈 Stay Safe  🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

steviec

I ordered mine on the 16th, and i've never been told a date only that they would let me know when it's available. I've had updates to say it's not yet in stock. However today my order status has gone from confirmed-back order to confirmed. On reading other posts I think that it means it is now in stock but hasn't yet been dispatched  :Fingers_Crossed:

Under the current circumstances I can understand the delays so i'm not overly fussed and i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

As you ordered yours a couple of days after me you'll probably get your order confirmed early next week and hopefully dispatched shortly after that. 

update - my order was dispatched yesterday evening and I received the phone today so hopefully you shouldn't have to wait long! 

Kdiggin26

I pre ordered the s20 ultra  on the 17th of February  got promised  it be delivered on the 10th of March  and still not been delivered