Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM Only plan data allowance increase?

Rob2018
4: Newbie

I'm on an 8GB per month SIM only Red Entertainment plan but my data allowance showing has jumped to 12GB this month. If i log on to my online account it shows the 8GB and then another 4GB seperately so 12GB total.

Anyone any ideas? I did only use 4GB of the 8GB last month but didnt think SIM only plan data rolls over? 

Definitely not complaining but worried where the extra 4GB came from and if i use any of it i'll get charged!

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Unless you've somehow managed to add an extra data pack to your account, it sounds like a promotion or benefit.   TBH, itf it was an extra pack, I'd expect to see a charge for it on the account.   It's likely to be fine to use it, but I can see why you'd want to check.   Someone may know if there's an offer on at the moment and, failing that, a member of the forum team will be able to get your account details and confirm the position.   Just hang on.

Thanks, yeah it crossed my mind whether I had somehow accidentally added a data pack or something but don’t think so and no sign of any charge if i did. 

All a bit strange but like you say hoping it’s a promotion or something.