Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM not activating

Lexington
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have recently signed up for a Vodafone Basics sim only 12 month deal, I gave the PAC code from my previous supplier and the change over was meant to happen on 23rd March.

My old SIM was deactivated on the 23rd but over 24 hours later my new Vodafone SIM has not been activated and my phone still shows "SIM not  provisioned" even after restarting my phone.

I use a Samsung galaxy S7 and it is unlocked and has been used on Vodafone previously so I know it works with the network.

Are there any problems with SIM cards being activated at the moment? Or is it just mine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes I have tried to active the sim but everything I try says the sim is already activated and just waiting for the number to be moved over.

I have managed to get hold of someone through the social media contact and they found that my order was stuck in an open state and was not being processed further, they have rectified that and my sim should be activated soon.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've not come across any issues being highlighted by Vodafone in regards to sim activation.

I'd suggest to speak with customer services via Contact Us or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll check things from.their end @Lexington 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for that information, I have tried the contact us link on the website already but nothing seemed to be getting me through to a person and the chat bot was no help, I will try the social media link instead.

hrym

I presume you've gone through the activation process?  Sorry to ask an obvious question, but it's best to check!

I've had an issue myself with a blocked activation and it's best to contact the Social Media Team as frontline customer services often just retry the activation, which simply adds another reuqest to the blocked queue.

Yes I have tried to active the sim but everything I try says the sim is already activated and just waiting for the number to be moved over.

I have managed to get hold of someone through the social media contact and they found that my order was stuck in an open state and was not being processed further, they have rectified that and my sim should be activated soon.

hrym

That's excellent news.   It sounds as though you had the same issue I did.   At least the fix is easy (and very quick, in my case).