Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM only Red data download speeds

stevetuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I wondered if anyone could help? I can't find anything on the Vodafone website about the download speeds on 4G (and 5G) for the Red SIM only plans (e.g. 10GB Red).

I can see download speeds mentioned on the unlimited data plans (2mbps and 10mbps depending on plan). Nothing for the Red plans though. Does Vodafone throttle download speeds?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @stevetuk 

It's only the unlimited plans where there is a maximum speed, the Red plans don't have a maximum speed and you will achieve the fastest speed possible.

The coverage checker will give an idea of the maximum speed you can expect to achieve.

edited to add:  A previous thread asking the same question: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/SiMo-Gigabyte-plan-speeds/m-p/2651992#M56366

BandOfBrothers

Hi @stevetuk 

As far as I'm aware Vodafone do not throttle data speeds on a mobile contract Data Allowance you mention in your post.

That said it could be also worth checking in the T&C's  pages.

Live Chat  and the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries would be able to officially clarify before you sign up to anything.

Speeds are IMO governed by the masts i.e how well they are operating, coverage i.e fringe coverage and not-spots and variables such as weather, population, trees and buildings etc and how well the phone operates.

A person can check their masts via status-checker  . This gives an indication on service but is not a guarantee.

Personally I find the Ookla Speedtest app gives me the clearest actual download and upload speeds.

Ask someone you know in your area on Vodafone what experiences they are experiencing.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.