Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM swap in store but number not kept

Philly9191
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I purchased a SIM only deal through the Vodafone online store - 8GB data with unlimited texts and minutes.

I had called Vodafone customer support and did a live chat - both agents said that I can keep my same number, contacts, messages, photos etc.

My previous SIM was with Vodafone also, so it is going from Vodafone  to Vodafone but when I login to my online account, it shows my old number and then a new number.

I had gone into a Vodafone store on Sunday and was told my number would stay the same, and even got a text today saying 'Welcome to Vodafone' and linked me to their Get Started page, so I'd have thought the number would have stayed the same.

Currently if anyone tries to call me, they get my voicemail for my old number that I want kept. 

Being that the new SIM was put in in-store about 12pm on Sunday, should the new SIM be working now or could it take on Tuesday or Wednesday? My bill still shows my last billing amount and not my new cheaper amount also.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Philly9191 

When you upgrade to keep the same number, you need to go through your online account or contact the Upgrades Team through Customer Services.  As you went straight to the online store, you would have taken out an additional contract with a new number.

Fortunately, you have 30 days to cancel the new number, this can be done by contacting Vodafone, you will then be able to upgrade your original number.  If you want to keep the new contract and number, this can still be done but it's going to mean cancelling your first contact and putting the number on PAYG taking 30 days to complete or porting out and back in onto the new contract.

The best thing to do is to contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels and they will be able to advise.  The team on the forum will also get to the thread but hopefully, the issue will be solved through Customer Services. 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @Philly9191 

When you upgrade to keep the same number, you need to go through your online account or contact the Upgrades Team through Customer Services.  As you went straight to the online store, you would have taken out an additional contract with a new number.

Fortunately, you have 30 days to cancel the new number, this can be done by contacting Vodafone, you will then be able to upgrade your original number.  If you want to keep the new contract and number, this can still be done but it's going to mean cancelling your first contact and putting the number on PAYG taking 30 days to complete or porting out and back in onto the new contract.

The best thing to do is to contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels and they will be able to advise.  The team on the forum will also get to the thread but hopefully, the issue will be solved through Customer Services. 

Thank you for your reply.

I have now contacted Customer Service who have cancelled my new SIM.

I then had a live chat whilst viewing the Upgrades section of my profile and a very helpful agent has now moved me on to an £11 deal literally all done and dusted within the chat.

I have kept my number and am now on my new plan. :Smiley_face_with_heart_eyes: