Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SMS failed to send

Locks
1: Seeker

Customer Care unbarred my number after I found what I thought was a lost handset. Now although I can receive SMS, I cannot send. It always returns a 'failed to send' error message to every number I've tried in many different locations. Customer Care have talked me through some different USSD commands and I've checked that the SMSC number is correct. Please help! Thanks..

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Locks 

You only mention SMS messages, if you are able to make calls the restriction will be removed from your account.

The first thing to do is to try your SIM in an alternative phone and follow the troubleshooting steps here:  Network Issues

Try going into your application settings, scolling down to messages and clearing the data/cache form the application. However, if problems continue you may be looking at doing a factory reset of the phone.

If none of the above work, you may be worth getting a replacement SIM.  A Vodafone Store will  be able to provide the SIM and activate it for you and at the same time make sure your messages are sending.

hrym

It might also be worth checking the bars on your account - have a look in My Vodafone online or via the app.   I can't remember if there's a specific SMS one, but there may well be.