Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

Have an Sasmung S20 Ultra mobile and just bought a 4g Galaxy watch to go with it (the watch not here yet ) I'm not in any rush to set it up but just wondered how easier is it to set it up on my vodafone account and is there a cost to it I have a sim only plan  with everything unlimited 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @bazjohn11 

I use a Samsung Gear s3 Frontier watch {non LTE version} with my Note 10+ 5G and use the bluetooth feature to hook them up to each other.

I appreciate I can't  use the watch features such as a call , text or email etc without being hooked up to the phone but then I don't have to pay £7 a month extra to Vodafone and have the Vodafone One Number set up. This is why I chose the Bluetooth version.

I always have my phone with me  :Winking_smiley:

More info in the links below.

Vodafone-OneNumber. 

OneNumber info. 

Meet the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G. 

" Step 3. Add cellular connectivity (4G)

Get cellular connectivity on your Galaxy Watch for just £7 a month, with Vodafone OneNumber. So you can make calls, send texts and stream music – without your phone or WiFi nearby.

Vodafone OneNumber adds your Galaxy Watch to the same Vodafone account as the phone you want to use it with, letting you share your existing phone number and allowances across both devices. "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers

Hi @bazjohn11 

I use a Samsung Gear s3 Frontier watch {non LTE version} with my Note 10+ 5G and use the bluetooth feature to hook them up to each other.

I appreciate I can't  use the watch features such as a call , text or email etc without being hooked up to the phone but then I don't have to pay £7 a month extra to Vodafone and have the Vodafone One Number set up. This is why I chose the Bluetooth version.

Vodafone-OneNumber. 

OneNumber info. 

Meet the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G. 

" Step 3. Add cellular connectivity (4G)

Get cellular connectivity on your Galaxy Watch for just £7 a month, with Vodafone OneNumber. So you can make calls, send texts and stream music – without your phone or WiFi nearby.

Vodafone OneNumber adds your Galaxy Watch to the same Vodafone account as the phone you want to use it with, letting you share your existing phone number and allowances across both devices. "

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @bazjohn11 

I use a Samsung Gear s3 Frontier watch {non LTE version} with my Note 10+ 5G but use the bluetooth feature to hook them up to each other.

I appreciate I can't then use the watch features such as a call , text or email etc without being hooked up to the phone  but then I don't have to pay £7 a month extra to Vodafone and have the Vodafone One Number set up.

Vodafone-OneNumber. 

OneNumber info. 

Thank you so It's an extra £7 per month to have it set up on 4 g and I take it looking at the information links you have to do it via phone if i want to take that up 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @bazjohn11 

Yes its £7 a month to get them hooked up and the watch shares the allowances from the contract.

I submit it's a good option if a person does not want to carry their phone with them all the time, but do take into account the actual capacity of the battery in the watch and how long it will last if that's your primary way to take and make calls etc.

Also I use the internet heavily so I need my phone with me.

Current Phone  >

I work in Retail and not allowed to have mobile on the shop floor I'm wondering if would get away with the watch 

BandOfBrothers

A bit like my workplace.

I keep my phone in my pocket and look at incoming emails and texts on the watch.

Although if your workplace prohibits the use of a phone on the shop floor your supervisors may also take the same viewpoint on using the smart features of your watch on the shop floor  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

See what happens @bandofBrothers  will have to look in to the one number see what the contract is on it first  as I don't want to sign up to an 18mth contract and find out it is still a no go on the shop floor 

BandOfBrothers

I don't believe there is a contractual term to add One Number as it's an add on to an already running Vodafone eligible contract type for a monthly fee to be able to use a smartwatch.

That said Yes please do check things out with Vodafone Customer services and for any contractual term just incase I'm wrong @bazjohn11 

Current Phone  >

Sorry to trouble you again @bandof brothers have signed up to the 30 day rolling contract for OneNumber but can't set it up on mobile / watch i just get this or it asks me for a qr code or code

.  I think something is wrong with the account  Have tried to talk to vodafone about it about 3 hrs ago not great but due to everything that is going on i didn't hold high hopes  they said i would get a call back from 3rd line with in 45 mins 

2020-04-01 (5).png2020-04-01 (4).png

BandOfBrothers

Hello again @bazjohn11 

I hope your well.  :Smiling:

Here's some links that may help.

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-watch-tizen-os/connectivity/set-up-mobile-data-on-your-sm... 

Vodafone-OneNumber. 

Manage your connected devices. 

Samsung-Galaxy-Watch. 

Get Connected. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >