Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S20 Trade In Promo

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established

Hello all,

Did anyone pre-order an S20 (any model) and take up the 'Trade In' offer where you get £15 off your contract as long as you trade in specific model handsets?

I was told that the discount would not get applied until I traded in the phone and they would back pay it, however, I got my S20 Ultra last Wednesday and noticed that my new tariff shows the £15 trade in offer for 2 years already and I'm still waiting for Vodafone to send me the trade-in bag to send my S8 back.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I assume Vodafone systems would have applied the discount inline with what you requested in regards to the trade in deal.

However there maybe a timeline that they'll want the phone by so I'd suggest checking the T&C's of the deal @jonspittle 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your response.

Yes there's a timeline of 21 days to receive the old phone before they apply any discount, that's what it states in the T&C's on the website, I was just confused that the discount has already been applied before they've received the phone.

Weird.

BandOfBrothers

Looks like it's been applied but on the flip side could be removed if the phone promised as part of the deal isn't recieved in time @jonspittle 

Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone  >

Agreed. 

Got clarification from Customer relations on it, they've advised I can return the handset to a store once reopen and the credit will be re-applied should it be removed from my account, due the unprecedented times.

Makes sense and at least I've got clarification and noted on my account.

BandOfBrothers

Absolutely right to gain official clarification and do keep that communication to you safe.

🌈 Stay Safe 🌈

Current Phone  >

Oh I will, I make a habit I making notes of times and dates I've called, as incase a call needs to be listened to I can refer back to it.

Thanks again.