Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Scam or Error? (Black Friday)

LukeG
2: Seeker

I spent an hour and 25 minutes on the phone to Vodafone on Monday as i'd seen an excellent Black Friday offer via a 3rd party.  As I'm at the end of my contract, i'd called up to find out if VF could get anywhere near the deal and if not that i'd cancel my plan and take up the new Black Friday deal on an iPhone XS (on VF) via the 3rd party.  The first operator said they couldn't get anywhere near it and put me through to another operator to end my current plan.  After speaking to the cancellations operator for a while, she made a great offer on a 256gb iPhone XS at a price under my current plan with a £49 upfront cost and maintaining my current entertainment package.  This was still slightly more than the black friday deal but less hassle and I was ecstatic and really happy with vodafone.

That is until this morning.  I've just received an email with a plan that I didn't sign up to, a higher price than i'm already paying (£64pm!), no entertainment package and have been sent a 64gb phone rather than the 256gb.  This appears to be a completely standard plan and was absolutely not what i'd agreed to on the phone and not what the operator repeated to me more than once that she was signing me up for.  I feel like i've been scammed by a disconnections operator who was trying to ensure that the number of people leaving on Black Friday was down.  Are the call records available?  The BF deal is of course expired now and after 15 years with Vodafone i'm absolutely livid

20 REPLIES 20

TheDec
4: Newbie

Join the club I upgraded with them because they promised to match a better deal I found elsewhere, and now they are charging me more than we agreed to over the phone. I've complained but no result.

Seems like a common Vodafone problem.

Forgot to say the calls are recorded and they are obliged by law to give you a copy.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The iPhone internal memory appears definitely to be a human error and I agree needs sorting out. 

They'll have to cancel the upgrade and start again. 

When Vodafone agree to give a deal they can't typically reduce the tariff cost manually. 

What they have to do is apply a discount at the end of the bill to give the tariff cost they've agreed.

As with new connections and upgrades a person has 30 days to back out and cancel. 

Not all calls are recorded and those that are recorded are retained for 60 days. 

An independent can give some sweater deals due to them.not having to upkeep a network and they give some of the kickback they get for opening up a new contract or upgrade back to the customer via discounts. 

Doing this means you are the independents customer with Vodafone providing the network connection and allowances via a direct debit payment. 

Some independents also upgrade a person but be sure they upgrade you and not take out a new line. 

This way you keep your original Vodafone number. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My intention in calling vodafone was to cancel my current plan and take out the new (far better) plan with the 3rd party supplier.

It was only because vodafone offered a deal that got very close to the 3rd party deal to retain my business that I chose not to close the account and stay with vodafone directly.  It now appears that the deal offered has not been honoured and i've been sent a lower value phone.  I'll clearly be cancelling my vodafone contract imminently (within the 30 days) if this is not resolved, however i've now missed the deal that i wanted to go for and will be considerably out of pocket.  Were i to stay on the deal vodafone have put me on, i'll be £818 worse off over 24mths 

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established
Black Friday deals typically involve some sort of discount on the standard Line Rental, which is applied manually, The emails are generated automatically, and may not always see the discount. Best thing to do is speak to Customer Care on 191. They should be able to confirm the level of discount etc.

I'll be calling 191 tomorrow to request the audio from the call.

Whether the discount is applied or not, i've still had a significant downgrade in the phone delivered & my Spotify premium account cancelled

Wanted to get this on here to see if the same has happened to anybody else over the black friday weekend as if Vodafone now fail to honour the agreed deal i've missed the window on the 3rd party deal i intended to go for and will end up out of pocket

LukeG

Update, its been confirmed by 191 that there is a recording of the phonecall and that the operators notes of the call were not those that she was confirming during the call.

I've put in a request for the call log via GDPR, lets see if i ever get it 

I am also being overcharged on our verbal agreement on the phone.

I requested a copy of my telephone call via 191 and also was promised a copy by the moderators on this site but got nothing.

I too hav also sent a SARS form (same as your GDPR) off to Vodafone for a copy of the call and the screen notes. If they dodnt reply to this at least I will then have an official body to complain to

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you feel you're not getting the deal agreed when you contacted us @LukeG. Please contact us by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be happy to investigate this for you. I can see we're already discussing this with you by email @TheDec. So we can continue to look into this for you, please reply to our latest email.