Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Secure net

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a query,if anyone could answer this please? I've paid for the secure net to stop malware from leaking our data ect, but then I text someone who hasn't got security on their device , so their device could have malware and can leak our data by text or calls or emails that we have sent... How's this secure net going to stop this from happening?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

There is no way any software on your device can prevent any unprotected device that you text or email from "leaking data" if they have malware or any other virus installed.

Securenet, or any other similar software will only protect the device it is installed on, it doesn;t protect the data you send from it.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous SecureNet will protect your phone from any malware and malicious sites/files if they're received to your phone. You can find out more information by visiting our SecureNet Info Page

SimonWilding

There is no way any software on your device can prevent any unprotected device that you text or email from "leaking data" if they have malware or any other virus installed.

Securenet, or any other similar software will only protect the device it is installed on, it doesn;t protect the data you send from it.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Unless you've sent sensitive information in an email, all that malware could access would be your phone number from a call log or your email address from a message header.   The only likely outcome from that is probably spam calls, texts or emails.   Ignore those and you're pretty safe.  

In theory, knowing an email address could be the starting point for a phishing attack that builds up enough of a profile for someone to impersonate you, but there are so many addresses more or less in the public domain that the risk is probably low.   Ignore spam and never (ever) click on links in an unsolicited message and you're already protecting yourself.   Anti-virus apps are good, but don't rely on them to the extent of ignoring simple vigilance.