Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Security code SMS

Milzee
4: Newbie

Since this week I am being forced to request an SMS every time I try to log onto the Vodaphone website. I assumed this was a one off security feature to verify my password but I have had to ask for a new SMS about six times now. Is therte any way this can be switched off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Personally, I am glad Vodafone have added an extra security feature to secure our accounts.

Now we have to verify the code, this should help stop any potential unauthorised access to our account.

View solution in original position

38 REPLIES 38

hrym

I've just had that too.   I doubt you can turn it off as it's an added security feature.

As a one time check maybe (e.g. after a password change or a rejected logon) but every single time you log on? That's insane!

hrym

It's like any other two-stage login.  I agree that an option to toggle it would be nice, but I didn't find it a major incenvenience.  I usually only access my account once a month when I get a bill, though - I use the My Vodafone app the rest of the time.

I got my code sent to a landline as it was nearest my computer.   If you do that, be aware the the BT SMS delivery service reads the number out as millions, thousands, hundreds, not individual digits - you need to be ready for that!

Nabs

I have the same now as well. I think it's great that Vodafone are catching up with many other sites out there and security improvments are always welcome!

However, it would have been nice to see them add support for an app based solution, Google Authenticator would have been prefered though building it into the My Vodafone app would have worked just as well (this is how the Twitter's TFA works)

I check my account every day to monitor usage whilst I'm roaming. I have no app as I am windows phone so I use desktop access. Quite frankly it's a (removed) not to mention overkill. After a failed log in or for a password change is fine but every time is way OTT IMHO. It's not as if they can raid my bank account by accessing my mobile records. Worst they can do is see who I phone, cancel my account or order a new phone for me!

Not being asked for an SMS code today. Must have been switched off :Smiling:

hrym

Me neither.  Either a glitch or a victory for common sense.   No bets... :smileylol:

You are wrong in thinking that way. Giving someone access to your mobile phone is like giving me the key to your front door. Don't ever just assume that you have nothing to lose. 

Also there is a code that criminals are using that everytime you use your phone you pay the premium rate of £1.65 per minute. This credit then appears on the thieves phone. This is for both bill or P,A,G

AnnS

Personally, I am glad Vodafone have added an extra security feature to secure our accounts.

Now we have to verify the code, this should help stop any potential unauthorised access to our account.