Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sell phone new upgraded contract

dbieniu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys. I'm up for getting new line on my contract, i may keep or i may not keep the phone.

Can i sell the phone first day after I got it? Do i have to wait - 3,6 months?

I know that after three months i can unlock the phone so buyer can put any sim he wants but is there any other obstruction from Vodafone from selling phone from day one?

I know that selling the phone is not worth it, i will be paying much more for contract with phone than only sim but i'm aware of it.

Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

A person could put a Payg Vodafone sim card in the phone and use it to make calls etc for 30 days and then request the phones unlock using the Payg details. 

Better than waiting for x3 Bill payments if using a pay monthly contract details to unlock it.

Previously a person was expected not to sell the phone for 6 months from first ownership but that changed quite a while ago @dbieniu 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @dbieniu

The phone is yours to do with as you wish from day one including selling the phone. 

Hi Ann, thank you for your reply.
I thought that was the case. Musicmagpie has put me off the track as they said they Vodafone locks phones for reselling for 6 months. I don't know where is the truth in this and if vodafone has some hidden applications in the phone that Musicmagpie can tell that this phone has not been paid for 6 months therefore i cannot resell it

BandOfBrothers

A person could put a Payg Vodafone sim card in the phone and use it to make calls etc for 30 days and then request the phones unlock using the Payg details. 

Better than waiting for x3 Bill payments if using a pay monthly contract details to unlock it.

Previously a person was expected not to sell the phone for 6 months from first ownership but that changed quite a while ago @dbieniu 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@dbieniu wrote:

Hi Ann, thank you for your reply.
I thought that was the case. Musicmagpie has put me off the track as they said they Vodafone locks phones for reselling for 6 months. I don't know where is the truth in this and if vodafone has some hidden applications in the phone that Musicmagpie can tell that this phone has not been paid for 6 months therefore i cannot resell it

Thank you for your reply.  However, you have now marked your solution.