Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch mobile data error code 2005

Jonstuart88
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So i have had my watch since release and mobile data was set up and working all fine. One day i forgot my phone at home and wanted to listen to music so went to do so through my watch and found it wasn't working.

I rang up Vodafone to be told to do various things such as pair and unpair my watch etc. all to be told that it is a networking issue and i will be contacted in 24 hours to let me know that it has been fixed.

I have now done this 4 times and been told exactly the same thing, except the latest is that i need to go into a Vodafone shop as my watch needs looking at.

Now to me this all just seems as though Vodafone have no clue what the issue is and are passing customers here and there to delay them until they can figure out why this is an issue instead of owning up to they have no idea whats going on.

Would really appreciate it if someone knows a fix for error 2005 or if there is even a fix for it, or even better if there isn't currently a fix that Vodafone could admit that there is a known error and have no timescale on a fix. This would save me calling up every week wondering whats going on with my device!!

25 REPLIES 25

An absolute joke, 3 calls and 4 live chats , paired and unpaired my watch numerous times. Still have error code 2005. What an absolute disgrace of a company that cannot sort this out!

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cpo32 I'm really sorry to hear you're still having problems with your Apple Watch. Have you been able to get in touch with us using the details that @TJ sent in her last post on this thread? This way we'll be able to help you further 😊

Funny thing is mine still hasn’t been sorted and it’s nearly 3 months after I originally set up this post... still doesn’t seem like anyone knows what’s going on or if there is a fix 

Yes I have tried everything, I have had a further 2 live chat sessions, the tech team on 191 a further time  and a whole set of new excuses about it being escalated and guess what no one rings me back after they say they will. How incompetent can one company be? 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jonstuart88 I'm really sorry to hear you're still waiting for your Apple Watch to be fixed. We've changed the way in which our customers can get in touch with us via this Community Forum. We no longer have access to the PM/email threads. So we can help you further, please get in touch with us via our Social Media channels. You can speak to us via Facebook Messenger at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username. We'll then make sure this is being looked into for you 😊 

@Cpo32 We can get quite busy on our social channels, so there could be a slight delay in a reply. Could you please let me know your username and which channel you used to contact us? I'll then be able to find your post and ensure someone is looking into this for you. If you don't want to post this publicly, please add your Facebook name or Twitter handle to your personal information section, here on the Community. 

Twitter @chrisotter32 thanks 

MY Twitter is @JonStuart88

Mine was fixed.  It seems that the Onenumber associated with the watch was cancelled for some reason.  A new number was set up and 24 hrs later it all started to work again.  I sorted mine with an online chat (technical). I guess if you were to go in store and ask them to cancel the Onenumber associated with the account then set it up again from scratch, it should sort it.

Good Luck

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I've not been able to find any Twitter posts or DM's in those names @Jonstuart88 and @Cpo32 - have you contacted us via our social channels? 

@Xtattsbox thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear your Apple Watch is up and running now! 

Sorry did you want us to contact you on Twitter? I thought you were going to DM me on Twitter??