cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Service restriction (and unrestriction waiting time)

noscere
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can answer my query, as I am unable to get through to Vodafone customer service using 191.

I had missed a payment from my last bill in June (like many, I'm currently in financial difficulty due to the coronavirus pandemic). Subsequently, my service was restricted (as of 9th July).

I was able to pay this bill earlier today, using 191,and I was prompted to pay the amount currently in arrears: although it detailed the total payment which now includes the month of July, it then told me that the payment for this month is not yet due so I only need to pay the amount in arrears in order to remove the restriction and re-enable my service.

I then entered my card details, which was processed quickly and successfully.  After the call and within a couple of minutes, I recieved a message saying that my payment was successful.

During the call, after making my payment, it  told me that if my service was currently restricted, it should be re-enabled within the next two hours (which, using the time stamp of the confirmation text message I recieved after the call, would be before 16:11hrs). I was informed that if there are any problems, before I try to contact 191 again, I should wait two hours, and restart my phone beforehand to ensure that the SIM update message is recieved and activated.

It is now 18:24hrs, and my service still hasn't been enabled 😞. I have followed the instructions (waiting 2 hours, restarting my device, etc.).

I have tried calling 191 again, but after following the automated prompts, it says it is currently unable to connect me to a customer service colleague, and ends the call.

Does anyone know what I should do next? The only other time this has happened, I was reconnected within minutes of making a payment, and this was in the middle of the night - I was pleasantly suprised at the efficency of the whole process and expected the same experience today.

I'm not in any particular rush, but I am concerned that there may be some other problem, or that my payment has somehow been lost.

Thanks for reading this message, and thanks in advance - I look forward to any reply(s) recieved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @noscere 

It would be worth checking your bank or credit card online account, this would confirm if you have a pending payment to Vodafone.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just be a queuing problem in the system.  You can try going into your connection settings and selecting an alternative network, wait for it to reject the request and back onto Vodafone, but since you still had incoming service this may not necessarily make any difference.  Also, try turning the phone off and back on.

If you don't get your service back by tomorrow morning, this will be something the Social Media Team will be able to help, you can speak directly to the Team through the Social Media channels here 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

I would suggest to use Live Chat and or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have account access. I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself @noscere 

They'll check your account.

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @noscere 

It would be worth checking your bank or credit card online account, this would confirm if you have a pending payment to Vodafone.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just be a queuing problem in the system.  You can try going into your connection settings and selecting an alternative network, wait for it to reject the request and back onto Vodafone, but since you still had incoming service this may not necessarily make any difference.  Also, try turning the phone off and back on.

If you don't get your service back by tomorrow morning, this will be something the Social Media Team will be able to help, you can speak directly to the Team through the Social Media channels here 

Thank you both for your replies.

Coincidentally (or not 😁🥴) my service was reactivated about an hour after my post here, without me needing to do anything extra. So I guess the real answer was just to be a little more patient... something we've all had to do during this unprecedented period of lockdown. 

But thanks once again for the helpful responses.