Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Service still restricted despite bill paid

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ive had no service for 8 days my services were restricted as late paying bill , Paid bill the following day , payment credited to account , After 24 hours still no service so contacted via chat told services had been reinstated , 24 hours later still no service,  Called and got sent link to webchat again and was told ‘a form needed to be completed’ and sent to tech team and request for ‘order to be completed’ ???? Told would be back on within 4 hours - nothing . After 24 hours still nothing so got through to customer services on phone by saying ‘complaint’ . 20 min call where i was told the same again - form had to be completed and sent to technical team , Colleague hadnt been able to do it due to ‘technical glitch’ , I requested to make a complaint, they took all the details and said i would be given priority reconnection could take anything from 20 min to 48 hours ! Still no service . Was also told i would be contacted within that time to ensure all was ok and follow up complaint. No service and no contact. Webchat yesterday told exactly the same rubbish -  It was a ‘technical  glitch’ and need to action it. , same as i was told a week ago. Was asked to take out sim etc restart phone , asked for post code for network check explained its not any of this the phone is restricted, went on to follow exactly same process as before , needed to action request and wait 24 hours !! I cant work properly at home in current situation due to no 4G , cant call my family or anything , live alone and am at my wits end - feel like ive been abandoned by vodafone , even tweeted them and was requested to send a DM which i did and was ignored even though they said they would look into it right away - that was 2 days ago ! Told at last webchat , wont be charged for time without service but have to contact them to credit account once connected! Last person at vodafone said ‘I promise i have done everything that needs to be done or i risk my job please trust us one last time’  !! It may be the case but once it leaves their hands no one is doing anything- surely even in these times its a simple process to remove a restriction??? Can anyone help please or tell me what the issue is ? Ive received new bill so they will be taking full amount from my account and had customer satisfaction survey asking me to respond by text ! What a joke as i cant text ! Feel like im going mad. Not going to be able to work properly tomorrow again as been case all week , as rely on 4G  to make and receive calls for work. 

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately we've seen this before when a persons services are restricted for non payment or late payment @Anonymous  which is why I think it's important to have a direct debit set up so payments are seamless.

It sounds like VodafoneSystem's now need to release the bars once it see's payment has cleared etc.

Perhaps ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have account access to look at your account. 

I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you i do have a direct debit set up and have been a customer for over 10 years Paying via that method with two lines. I have been late paying on the odd occasion during that time because of lack of funds at the time the bill was due but service has been reinstated immediately once payment made. Never experienced a problem like this before. It was literally a few days . Ive never missed a payment completely or built up arrears , I had no extra call charges or anything it was simply my usual monthly data plan so now ive paid it im paying for a service Im not receiving, as billed in advance . Payment credited to my vodafone account same day and cleared my bank account and they confirmed this on chat , its been 4 business days since payment cleared. They said my account was in ‘perfect order’ They said they requested the bars be released but another team had to action it due to technical problem and there was a delay in that area . Ive never known anything like it before. Thank you for the advice .  Looks like I will be back on chat a 5th time. 

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Anonymous 

From what you say your account appears to be back in order then and it's Vodafone System's for some reason not allowing the re connection.

I think perseverance will bring this to a conclusion.

A person can make a complaint that will take this to the next level i.e Customer Relations.

Again I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Appreciate the response. 

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous 

When you sent the DM through Twitter you should have received an automated response, this would have given you confirmation that you were in the queue for a full response.  It is also a weekend and no doubt there is a backlog to catch up on, I would give it until tomorrow and you should get a reply.

When you are behind with payments and the balance is cleared, unless there was an additional issue it usually takes no longer than 24 hours to get full service back online, it certainly shouldn't have taken as long as 8 days but you should still be able to receive calls and texts.   If you are able to log onto your online account, it might just be worth making sure there is no additional outstanding balance preventing reconnection.  

Just in case Vodafone have reconnected your outgoing service, try doing a network manual roam from your phone connection settings, this is done by going into networks settings, selecting any other network other than Vodafone, wait for it to reject the request and back onto Vodafone.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - there is nothing outstanding at all I only owed that one month overdue by a few days i check bill every month its always the same amount. I paid full amount requested and balance was updated as zero. I paid via my vodafone app. Vodafone have checked my account 3 times and confirmed nothing outstanding no reason for any restriction now just that due to a ‘technical glitch’  and ‘delay’ they haven’t been able to complete request. Re twitter i tweeted vodafone - someone replied to tweet sending link to DM and said they would look at it right away . I Sent DM With details Saturday morning but no response and no acknowledgement . Its now been a further 24 hours since last webchat stating it was definitely done and still nothing so at a loss what to do. I can receive calls and texts but i cant make calls there is an announcement stating calls from this number are restricted. I use an app to make and receive calls for work and rely on 4G as wifi is poor. So im not able to work properly from home due to this issue. I’ll try the manual roam you suggested however i gather im not alone in this and was speaking to someone earlier on social media who is having identical problem to myself so i think as someone else just said in their response i’ll have to persevere with customer services. Ive already logged a complaint was meant to receive a call within 48 hours but i havent heard a thing Many thanks for taking time to respond to me. 

BandOfBrothers

The responses to complaints are at a slight delay right now due to these unprecedented times @Anonymous 

"Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, some of our contact centres are closed. This means we don’t have as many advisers available to help with your complaint as we normally would – and it might take longer for us to get back to you. "

The Vodafone Social Media Teams I'm sure will catch up with your messages.

Hang in there.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous 

If you  have  received a reply  to let you  know the Social media are looking  into the  problem there is probably  some further investigation to be done that can't  be completed until the next working day.

At least  you can be confident this will be solved by the beginning of the working week and Vodafone always go beyond this  to make  sure the customer if completely satisfied with the  outcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt get a reply from social media just a link to DM them. Ive spoken to a manager via chat just now, that was after being told again to reboot phone et.c and that no reason for any restricted service. It seems after speaking to the manager that my initial request  was left open on the system and not actioned . It was then actioned and passed to ‘tech team’ who are looking into it but i should not have been told 24 hours each time , i just have to wait apparently as there is no lead time. Could be a day, a week, a month. Once issue is fixed i have to then contact for reimbursement. Thats how its been left, my complaint has been escalated to next level at managers suggestion and i’ll be called within 72 hours but i just really want my services back. So i’ll sit it out and make do best i can. Would have saved me contacting them 5 times if they had just told me this initially instead of promising me id be back on within 24 hours each time especially if they are facing delays due to covid19. Thanks again for all the responses. Appreciated.