Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Setting up voicemail

KirstenM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had a new contract phone (iphone SE) for just over 2 weeks and so far cannot set up voicemail. For the first week or so I had tried dialling 121 1 and was getting a recording saying they were unable to set up my divert settings at that time and to try later. I also tried dialling 121 and going through the options to set up divert settings and got the same message.

Last Thursday I tried contacting the Live Chat. I was told the problem was at Vodafone's end and it would be resolved within 24 hours and I would be contacted as soon as it was fixed. 

Yesterday (Monday) it still wasn't working and I hadn't been contacted so I tried Live Chat again. I did what the advisor suggested but it didn't work. I tried again, a different advisor gave me a different suggestion which also didn't work. I tried yet again, a third advisor gave me all the same advice I'd already had and it still didn't work (involving switching off the phone and back on again).

I called the phone line. The advisor suggested the problem was with the Wi-Fi calling and that he would switch it off and call me back in 15 minutes. Two and a half hours later I'd heard nothing so I called again, got someone else who suggested something else, which didn't work. The first advisor I had spoken to then called back, got shirty that I'd called and spoken to someone else and asked me not to do that again, said he would fix it and would call straight back. Then the second advisor called back again and said it would all be fixed within 3 hours and someone would call back within that time.

That was over 24 hours ago. I now cannot even connect to Voicemail (I get Call Failed on both 121 and 121 1) and not only do I not have Voicemail, I now no longer have Wi-Fi calling as that has been turned off by Vodafone.

Any ideas? I have tried  - dialling 121, dialling 121 1, dialling **61*121*10*30#, turning off the phone completely and restarting after one minute, after 15 minutes and after 30 minutes, none of these has worked. I used to be able to get through to 121 - now I just get Call Failed.

Who can I contact to get this nonsense sorted out?!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @KirstenM

Have they asked you to Cancel All Diverts yet and then try resetting it up ?

To do this a person launches their phone App Key in ##002# and press the call icon.

Then back out to your homescreen.

Have you recently ported to Vodafone from another Network bringing your number with you ? If so it could be certain porting files that haven't properly settled. The porting in teams would need to be made aware via customer services. 

If not and my suggestion does not help then as this needs account access you'll need to wait on Customer Services to keep accessing your account. 

We do have Official Customer Support Teams here who also maybe able to help. They read all posts so please be patient for them to catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

They hadn't tried Cancel All Diverts, and thanks for the suggestion, but having just tried that, the Cancel All Diverts has worked but I still can't reach Voicemail on either 121 or 121 1.

The number was moved from a PAYG phone to a Pay Monthly phone on a different handset but within Vodafone. I had Voicemail which worked fine on my previous handset.

What I am finding most frustrating is that, not only can no one seem to fix the issue, they all say they will call me back within a specified time and then I don't hear from them and have to call 191 again and start all over again, and still it isn't fixed.

I suspect I will just have to keep calling 191 until it gets sorted but it's very annoying.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KirstenM  I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so that we can take a closer look at your account.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.