Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Shocking customer service

Lewisyoung05
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’d like to share my recent vodafone story, one that I’ve experienced before and has its foot firmly set in the extreme incompetence camp! It all started 2 weeks ago when I recieved an email asking me if I wanted to upgrade, I did, my phone was on its last legs and my 24 month contract was coming to an end. 

I started a live chat and asked to be put straight through to retention’s where I agreed a great deal with a discount for an iPhone 8 Plus, nothing fancy and a handset I knew they’d have plenty of in stock. 

Thats where the fun started, I always know with Vodafone if something isn’t right, it’s almost a 6th sense that unfortunately works for nothing else but Vodafone. 

Live chat 1 ended with me not receiving an email or text confirmation to say my order had been placed. I contacted the next day - ‘you have a stuck order in your account, we can’t deliver a new handset as promised next day it’ll take 2-3 days’. 

Ok I thought... over the next few days I speak to 5 different live chat advisors - each tell me a different story - I agree to terms on the same contract 4 different times - on the last occasion I’m even given an EDM tracking number - it doesn’t work of course! 

I decide to ring vodafone. The first person I ring is, what can only be described as one of the worst customer service reps to walk the Earth. He tells me straight away after hearing my story - ‘can’t do anything mate’. I’m taken aback I argue my point - ‘can’t do nothing until you’ve recieved the order’ - again I tell him I don’t think the order has been even been placed! I hang up and try my luck again.

The next rep is better - he makes an effort and keeps me on hold for 15 mins talking to tech. Turns out I have an ‘open order’ stuck in my account from 2016! Wow, this takes incompetence to a whole new level. I’m promised the moon on a stick and that I’ll have a handset delivered in 48 hours.  I don’t believe him and of course I was right not to. 

Finally 3 days later... I use live chat, calling has got me nowhere, live chat is the easier to both useless customer service systems. This time I’m told ‘it’ll be ok’, I’m asked to agree to new terms on the new contract - this time though they’ve jacked up the price by £1.50 a month! I argue my point, I’ve been messed around for 2 weeks - 6 live chats/2 calls and a twitter rant later you can’t deliver me a handset but you want me to pay more!! I continue to argue and finally they drop the price back and offer me £30 combo off my first bill, I accept (I really don’t know why!). 

So as it stands ‘I’ll have the handset in my hands without fail by tuesday’. I know I won’t and I don’t know what else to do.

Ive saved all the live chats. They’re a real laugh reading them all back.

short version:

vodafone upgrade due, 2 weeks - 6 live chats/2 calls/twitter contact. Stuck open order in my account from 2016 stopping upgrade going through. Nobody can help, everybody lies, agreed to new contract 6 times - last time they wanted me to pay even more on the deal I had agreed. Worst customer service in the world. 

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

wow, not a great experience @Lewisyoung05 there is a great social media team here who might be able to help, give them a little time to get to your post and I am sure they will try and sort this out for you.

I’ve tried going through their twitter account as well but it’s the same. Someone will sort it out we can’t put a date on it etc. Feels like first world problems but the level of CS had been an absolute shambles. Fingers crossed someone can help! I work in IT, I know how long it should take to remove an open order from an account... minutes! 

So an update, the order has been removed from my account and I recieved an EDM today. However, the handset is now out of stock! 😂