Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Activation

Robert96
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My partner had a contract taken out for her sister but she stopped paying it so she cancelled the phone and got a new sim sent out on the contract, I've taken it too a Vodafone store to get it activated on my number and they said 24 hours, 2 days later still nothing. I then called 191 and spoke to an advisor and they said no it can take 3-5 days and started messing around on the computers with my partners details. 4 days later still nothing? Can any one help please as this is a big issue for me having no way of anyone contacting me. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When Vodafone stopped the sim card they will have placed a bar on the account which now needs lifting by customer service which Live Chat or 191 Customer services should be able to achieve.

I appreciate this isn't happening right now.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries have full account access.

I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Robert96 

To add to the reply from @BandOfBrothers 

This is your partners account, Vodafone can't activate a SIM card on your instructions, this has to come from your partner, the account holder.  If any contact is going to be made to the Social Team to check the account this has to be made by the account holder only.

There would also be some outstanding payments that need to be cleared by your partner before the number can be used again.  As this will be your partners debt it would also be worth your partner checking the credit file, Vodafone could well have place a late payment markers on the file.

If the account is clear with no outstanding payments or a lost or stolen bar against the account a SIM swap for the same number can be done from here: SIM swap 

edited to add:  If you are going to be using the number that was used by your partners Sister, it might be worth considering doing a change of ownership to your name for the number here: Change of Ownership 

Did you not read my post? My partner was with me when we went to the Vodafone store and she was the one that spoke to 191 and they said 3-5 days we are on day 4 and absolutely  [Removed] after being told 6 days ago it takes 24 hours.  [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

And I said I don't want the same number the bloke in the store said he was programming my number onto the contract sim as I am on PAYG. Then 2 days later 191 tell me it takes 3-5 days so whats going on exactly because my partrnet doesn't owe them any outstanding money she paid an extra 25 pound this month to get the sim sent and it doesn't even work,  [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

AnnS

@Robert96 

If you are going to post on this forum you are expected to have respect for the replies you receive from members,  we don't work for Vodafone are customers just like you and don't need to be insulted or sworn at.

The reply I made was written with the information you provided, I can't see the account or would have known how your partner arranged the change.

It sounds like your partner cancelled the account and that is the reason Vodafone are having problems transferring your PAYG number to the contract.  Having mentioned that, you use the same SIM card as you did on PAYG there is no need to do a SIM swap.  Also, before you would have been able to transfer your PAYG to the contract, Vodafone would have needed to do an identity and credit check.

The people who can help are the Social Team @BandOfBrothers  has kindly provided the link for your partner to make contact.  When the DM has been received by your partner and the necessary account access has been received they will be able to proceed further with direct help.

Lastly, I have reported your two replies as inappropriate.

hrym

I've read your post carefully and I'm still not sure what you want to do.   There is, by the way, no mention of your partner being with you in the Vodafone store.

There appear to be three parties in this: your partner, her sister and yourself.   The matter of the contract will be one for the titular owner, regardless of who's paying it.   If a blank SIM has been sent, anyone should be able to activate it as long as they have a number it can be assigned to.   The way I read your post, you want it assigned to your number (is that correct?).   If your existing SIM is working, I'm not sure why that would be, unless you want to transfer from PAYG to contract.   If that's the case, there's a process that'll need to be gone through.  The simplest way would be a transfer of ownership of your partner's sister's account, assuming it's still live.   You would then need to PAC your PAYG number to that account.

I think that's what you're saying, but I'm really not sure.  I'd sugest you go back to the shop and explain clearly and POLITELY what you want and let them work out the best way to achieve it.