Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Card Activation

Rutledge
4: Newbie

I am at my wits end, I received my new shinny IPhone 12 Pro Max. And as my old iPhone had an esim I had to get a new physical sim, however for a week now I am still trying to activate my new sim, 3 webchats and 2 phone calls and it’s still not activated. Even thinking of going to EE and buy a new phone, I work away from home and haven’t been able to call my wife. Incredible that VF cannot activate a SIM card. I am told either 10 mins, then 2 hours then 24 hours. Surely someone in Vodafone knows how to do this.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It shouldn't be easy for Vodafone to sort this for you @Rutledge 

My advice is to contact Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  and give them a chance to resolve this for you.

Unfortunately account access isn't available via this forum. 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rutledge

I tried to move the esim accross to the new phone but kept on getting errors, and as I read on here that I would need to have a physical sim again before going back to an eSim. Seriously thinking of returning the phone, I have had it since 13th November and unable to use it.

Rutledge

I am also having problems with sim swap in a new iPhone, I have called twice an web chat 4 times, and still nothing, twitter, I am still waiting for a reply from 2 days ago, I even asked for a new sim card, the reply i got was i i didn't need one, I have had no phone since 13th November. No one at VF seems to care. Don't know what to do next? if I port to another company I will have to pay a huge termination fee. thinking of writing to the press, last option.

Rutledge

I am also having problems with sim swap in a new iPhone, I have called twice an web chat 4 times, and still nothing, twitter, I am still waiting for a reply from 2 days ago, I even asked for a new sim card, the reply i got was i i didn't need one, I have had no phone since 13th November. No one at VF seems to care. Don't know what to do next? if I port to another company I will have to pay a huge termination fee. thinking of writing to the press, last option. 😞

I had a terrible time being activated! I ported my old number which they took over, I had requested an esim, 30 hours later and the QR code still hadn't been sent! The Twitter team arranged for a blank sim to be at the local store for me to collect then I had to get that activated online which took two live chats. The downtime and time taken with Twitter (about 6 hours) and live chat (lost count) really was not worth it as I am experiencing a pretty poor signal just to add insult to injury!

Finally got mine working, spoke to a lovely lady who was very helpful and new exactly what to do... if you are doing a sim swap via the web and the sim swap form, it will send you and email saying it will be swap over in 24 hours but there is an error in the system... it just hangs there. After a 15 min call it was activated in less than 30 mins.