Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Card Woes

Redfort
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a monthly contract with Vodafone for over 20 years. During that time, my sim card has never been changed.

Recently something strange has begun to happen. When I call another mobile, I can hear the ringing on my phone. BUT when I call a landline, the call is silent, although it is ringing at the other end.

To test the phone I dropped in an EE sim card and that works perfectly, whether calling other mobiles or landlines. So it must be a faulty Vodafone sim. How do I go about changing the sim for a fully functioning one? (I tried calling Vodaphone customer services and I got a foreign operator who I couldn't understand and who didn't understand my problem)!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

You should be able to get a new SIM from Customer Services.  Just ask for one - you shouldn't need to explain why.   Alternatively, you can get one from a Vodafone shop, though you'll need to take photo ID with you.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

You should be able to get a new SIM from Customer Services.  Just ask for one - you shouldn't need to explain why.   Alternatively, you can get one from a Vodafone shop, though you'll need to take photo ID with you.

Thanks. I decided to give customer services another go and got a really helpful operator who is going to send me a new sim for tomorrow. I took your advice and just said the sim was faulty and could they send me a new one. Took 5 minutes as opposed to more than an hour yesterday!

AnnS

Hi @Redfort 

When SIM cards become worn and have been used for a considerable time, they start to do strange things.

You can get a replacement for the number from a Vodafone Store, they keep stock of all SIM cards and will have the number on the new SIM within the hour, usually a quick turn off and back on does the trick.  It is very important to take identification , passport, driving licence will be ideal.