Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Wont work

Ladderman451
3: Seeker

we have an unlocked iphone 6 that wont work with vodafone sim. The sim has been checked in another phone and works fine. The iphone will work with O2 and EE but not vodaphone. Tried linking it to itunes but that doesnt help. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Ji @Ladderman451

Although pay monthy SIM cards should work when inserted into the phone, no service means the SIM needs activating.

This is going to need account access. This can be done by using live chat.  They will probably need the SIM number to get this working for you.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers

Can you try another Vodafone sim in it just to.make sire. 

It's a conundrum that two other network sim cards will work. 

An apple store genius bar can check it.out if you have an apple store close. 

Was the iPhone originally factory unlocked or has it been unlocked somehow to all networks ? Factory unlocked iPhones are only available from an apple store where full retain price has been paid. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ladderman451

Thanks for the reply. Yes we have tried another Vodaphone sim, but again it failed to work. There are no Apple stores near us. I will try the Apple forum.

You're welcome. 

The apple forum are fellow customers too. 

Apple themselves have a contact us live chat system and phone number. 

I'm thinking the iPhone wasn't originally factory unlocked but instead locked to a particular network and then unlocked somehow. 

May I ask where you acquired the iPhone from?

Current Phone  >

When you insert the Vodafone sim that's active does the Vodafone logo show in the iPhones status bar or does it say No Service ?

Current Phone  >

Just says no service.

We originally bought them from EE.

AnnS

Ji @Ladderman451

Although pay monthy SIM cards should work when inserted into the phone, no service means the SIM needs activating.

This is going to need account access. This can be done by using live chat.  They will probably need the SIM number to get this working for you.

I think you are possibly correct. Although I was assured that it was registered I tried the sim in my own phone and it appeared to work as it had a good signal. However  when I tried to ring a number it said it was not registered! Thanks for your help.

Hi

From your opening post you stated

"The sim has been checked in another phone and works fine."

That to me points towards the sim card already being activated or it wouldn't work in another phone. 

Edit - I see you are having issues making outbound calls.

wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >