cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim is not activating AKA not provisioned.

Trishan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm new to the Vodafone network. I placed an order on Thursday (28/8/2019) and recieved a new phone and sim on Friday (30/8/2019). However, as of now (1/9/2019) the new sim hasn't activated. 

I used a pac code when I placed the order and on the online chat on Friday, the code was confirmed by the Vodafone chat agent. He also said the sim would be activated just after midnight on that Friday but still nothing.

The chat function no longer works, it says no agents are available. Although that might be because it's a Sunday.  I need a solution as I don't want to be paying for 2 phone bills unnecessarily. I've never had this issue before and any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Trishan 

Your problem here will be numbers do not port over a weekend on any network.  If you received the phone on Friday, you will probably find although the PAC was used on Friday and should take no longer than 24 hours to complete, the port was not completed by the end of the working day on Friday and the number should will be fully online with Vodafone late Monday afternoon.

If you contact Vodafone tomorrow, live chat works well, they will be able to confirm your number will be in the porting process and let you know when you can expect to have your services transferred to the network.  Usually a quick turn off and back on does the trick, but you sometimes need to do a manual roam from your network settings onto Vodafone.

If you have any problems, come back to the forum for direct help and support from the Social Media Team.