cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim ordered then cancelled but can't re-order yet?

MikeBOB
3: Seeker

I ordered a Vodafone pay monthly sim via mobiles.co.uk. But I realised that there was another deal via affordablemobiles.co.uk that would suit be better.

I called mobiles.co.uk to cancel the original Vodafone sim, and was told it could take up to 5 days. But, I proceeded to order the new Vodafone sim via affordablemobiles.co.uk but it got rejected.

Will I still be able to order the sim that I want via affordablemobiles.co.uk when the cancellation for the original one goes through? Or have I made a serious error?

5 REPLIES 5

MikeBOB

I ordered a Vodafone pay monthly sim. But I realised that there was another Vodafone that would suit be better.

I called to cancel the original Vodafone sim, and was told it could take up to 5 days. But, I proceeded to order the new Vodafone sim but it got rejected.

Will I still be able to order the sim that when the cancellation for the original one goes through? Or have I made a serious error?

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @MikeBOB

You would have been rejected on the basis of the original order and the credit check.

Probably the best thing to do is to wait until you have received the SIM and then give Vodafone a call, you have 30 days to make the return and cancel but they should be able to change the tariff to your preference.

@MikeBOB

If you have ordered through a third party, that complicates things, they have different tariffs and returns policy to Vodafone and you will need to cancel with them and return the SIM before reordering through a different third party but you may have problems due to the credit check. 

Thanks AnnS.

The only thing is that I ordered through a 3rd party website. And the new deal that suits me is through another 3rd party website. Do you think that there would be any issues once the original is cancelled?

BandOfBrothers

It may take a few days for the independent to fully cancel the order. 

You'll need to liaise directly with them. 

But if your credit file search looks like your over stretching or making multiple contract applications you could be rejected. 

It's usually advised to leave at least 90 days before applying again to let your credit file score recover. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So you've cancelled the first and rejected for the second. You've now had two credit searches. I wouldn't do a third!

Is the deal with mobile.co.uk that bad or will they let you change to a better one? Is it too late to ask them to reverse the cancellation? You might end up with no SIM.