Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports Mobile TV Application Error 9002

Brecon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have recently changed from a Pay Monthly Plan with my iPhone 7 Plus to a Sim Only plan as I did not wish to upgrade and simply wished for a cheaper bill with more data.

I have included Sky Sports 1/2 as my package as I did with my old plan, however since changing over my plans I am no longer able to access Sky Sports and I get an error that states my subscription has ended and that I need to contact Vodafone. (Error Code 9002 - Photo included of error).

Can this please be fixed?

Kindest regards,

Brecon

11 REPLIES 11

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Brecon, I’m sorry your entertainment pack’s not working since you upgraded.

When you change plans, providing your new plan includes an entertainment pack, you’ll need to re-subscribe to your entertainment pack again.

You should have been sent a text message with a link to do this – if you’ve not received the link, please text ENTERTAINMENT to 97613 and the text will be sent to you (you won’t be charged for sending or receiving these texts).

Let me know how you get on :Smiling:

I have done this and it comes up that I have already subscribed for the Sky Sports entertainment package and says that I have it until 11/02/2020. I then go into the skysports mobile tv app and say that I have it through my contract and get the same error as above in my initial post. Appreciate the quick reply, any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brecon

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Brecon We may need to take a closer look at this on an account level. I've sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to get in touch with your details, please follow the steps advised and we'll look into the entertainment pack issue more closely.

Has anyone ever got this working.  Two months after updating subscription and still not able to get it working.

Deleted the app and reloaded several times.

Logged out and in f knows how many times.

Texted ENTERTAINMENT to the number god knows how many

Been on the phone to india to no avail (told to buy a new account and ask for a refund !!!!!)

Told to get a new account with a different email (even if i had a second email, why would sky give it for free)

So many people have this issue yet ther seems to be no ##~## fix.

Felling conned

Feeling like cancelling direct debit

Hi mate I don’t know if you gave up or even cancelled your subscription but I’ve managed to get this issue resolved today. 

I went through to the web chat customer service team (for the 4th time in 24hours!) and insisted on making a complaint. When I specifically told the guy that the error message was 9002 they patched the conversation through to the technical support team who seemed to be aware of the issue. About 15mins later that had me re-registered and I had to pick my entertainment pack again ensuring I was on mobile data not Wi-fi. And it’s been sorted just in time for Arsenal’s first match of the season tomorrow. Happy days.

a lot of effort for something that was part of the package in the first place but I’m happy to get it sorted. Good luck 👍🏾

I have had the same issue again, I am currently speaking with a support team member over the live chat feature. I have linked them to this topic as I am currently unable to access Sky Sports due to the same error code as above. I was hoping this would be fixed.

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Brecon ,

How did you get on after chatting to our Live Chat team? Is your Sky Sports package working again now? If not, it may be worth messaging us over social here
Over social media, we'll be able to pass security and speak to our Tech team to resolve the issue, if it's not already resolved. Remember to include this post in your message if you do speak to our social media team!

Thank you, I have messaged them.

Hi, 

I am getting the Error 9002 when attempting to watch Sky Mobile TV.

My package says it ends 30/7/2019. 

The people on Chat are no help at all. 

I have used used the service for months- today stopped working.