Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports Mobile TV issue.

KyleMack1993
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

When ever I now enter the Sky Sports Mobile TV app I am prompted to log in. Usually this isn't an issue but I've not had to do this process for a while now usually once after every upgrade to register the device again. However this is now occurring every time I open the app, I have attached two screenshots of this. There is also now on ever channel what looks like VO in the top left hand corner which will not go away and before any stream starts there is the word "Demo". Anyone have any clue what is causing this? Just started out the blue.

Thanks.

Edit: I have also attached the image of the logo appearing on screen.

6 REPLIES 6

Titou
1: Seeker

Hi

I experienced the same problem. It is annoying logo is positioned above the football game score. I can't believe the designer couldn't find a worse place for it. 

Vodafone could you please move it on the right hand side lower corner please?

It just appeared from no where wasn't there the other day now it's on every stream. Covers the football score as well. Rather annoying, some insite into why this is now appearing would be great.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @KyleMack1993 and @Titou. I can understand your frustrations, however, the logo you're seeing isn't associated with Vodafone so we'd be unable to remove this from the app. The logo belongs to a company called Viaccess-Orca which looks to partnered with some streaming providers. 

Sky are currently updating their app, so it looks like this could be part of the update; whilst they're ironing out a few issues. You can try contacting them directly, to see if they can shed any light on this.

I've suffered the same, and sent this.... see what happens:

Would the non football-watching person who placed the VO ( Viaccess-Orca) logo on the top left of the screen please re-position or remove the logo?

Today I have spent and wasted: 
A complete hour of a Sky employee's time &
An hour and a half of a Vodafone's employee's time.

Why?

Because when I try to watch a football match on my device..... believe it or not..... someone ingeniously didn't think that obscuring the top left corner of the screen with a Viaccess-Orca logo would matter.

In fact, watching a football match without knowing the score, or for that matter, how much of the match is left is completely pointless.

The fact that a SKY logo is attached to said stream gives credence to the fact that Sky Sports has lost contact with it's support base.  Who would seriously sign off on such an act of vandalism with the knowledge and backing of Sky Sports ?

FYI I have committed to cancel my contract in 3 months with Vodafone and have let them know the reason why...... the blatant pointlessness of watching the sport using the Sky Sports app through my subscription with them, using your "service".

It might not cost you directly, but it's a revenue loss to Vodafone.  

Hopefully they will recognise that their loss of revenue is due to the ridiculous lack of testing you undertook when rolling out your latest update and the affect that placing a huge "Vo" logo in the top left corner has had upon those wishing to watch football.

My 10 year old son has offered to re-code it within the next 10 minutes... I would have supported him were it not for the fact that I can see it has been on the discussion boards for over 6 weeks.... so I gather there is no will or urgency to address the issue.

This email has been copied to Vodafone and I retain the right to distribute this email publicly.

Yours sincerely

TJ

I understand how frustrating this must be @whatajoke999 - plenty of my colleagues have also mentioned how annoying the VO in the left hand corner is, whilst they're trying to watch football. Sky have been made aware and they're still rolling out new updates for their app, I hope this gets resolved as quickly as possible. 

It's been like this for some months and some is taking the ##~## now.

Get rid of the bloody logo.

There is no excuse for this now