Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports Mobile TV - no valid subscription recognised

dbhadri
2: Seeker

I've had a Red Entertainment plan for over a year, but since renewing my contract at the start of May 2018, the Sky Sports Mobile TV app no longer recognises me which means I can't watch any of the channels.

The links to "activating my plan" (https://offers.vodafone.com/gb/subscription/success/gb-sky-hardbundle) show that I am subscribed until May 2019, but the app says I don't have a valid subscription when it tries to verify me with Wi-Fi switched off.

I contacted VF support who reset my account, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but to no avail.

On the app, it says contact vodafone if you have any problems so I don't think Sky can/will help

Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9

dbhadri

I've got the same problem - not recognising my Sky Sports TV subscription.  I've contacted VF support who reset my account, i've unistalled and reinstalled the app, but to no avail.

It was all working up until I renewed my Red Entertainment plan at the beginning of May.

Any help greatly appreciated.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @dbhadri

When you renew your contract, you need to cancel your ongoing subscription, you will then be able to opt into the new subscription which comes with your upgrade.

Sky Sports Cancellation

When you opt into the new subscription this has to be done using the mobile internet to recognise your account.

Thanks @AnnS but I don't get the option to cancel - the link takes me to a page which says the subscription is scheduled to end on 2nd May 2019

image.png

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for providing us with the screenshot @dbhadri.

So we can take a closer look into your Sky Sports package for you, please follow the details provided in the private message that I've sent to you. We'll then be able to help with setting this up for you so that you can watch live sports coverage :Smiling:

I have exactly the same issue. My subscription renewed, I followed the text and selected Sky Sports, which says that it is valid until next year. Uninstalled and installed several times, tried VF customer service, live chat even went into a VF shop but to no avail. Can some please help !! I wanted to watch the festive football.

My VF subscription renewed as I upgraded my red entertainment contract , I followed the text and selected Sky Sports, which says that it is valid until next year. Uninstalled and installed several times, tried VF customer service, live chat even went into a VF shop but to no avail. Can some please help !! I wanted to watch the festive football.

My issue is where I click watch and it wants me to Login via Sky ID, which I don't have. I'm opening the app on my network data not sure what is going on? 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear you're struggling to get the most out of the Sky Sports app @jordlandabad and @mahtabnasim1977.  So we can look into this for you, please contact us through the link in the private message I've sent and we'll be in touch.

My issue has now been resolved. I rang 191 again and it turns out that there has been an error on the system with regards to my package and the existing subscription hadn’t been taken off. The reset the system and sent me a new link. Key issue seems to be that if you’re renewing you’re contract they must first cancel the existing subscription and resibscribe. The guys at VF doing renewals should be trained to do this.