Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports mobile app problems

gedgar1071
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I added Sky Sports Mobile TV with Vodafone as part of my bundle on renewing my contract, and since last month have been paying £4.99/mth since my free period ended. Been having problems the past few weeks and cannot access it.

When I click on "watch" and go into "viewing options", I click on "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" and then .... nothing. My wi-if (as prompted) is temporarily switched off so my subscription can be validated, but nothing happening at all, just says on the listings screen. My network reception in my house can be iffy at times, but the same thing is happening even when I am in an area with a strong 4G signal.

Also tried deleting and re-installing app, nothing changes.

Anybody had the same problem with this app , or have any idea how to rectify this ? Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Tried emailing Vodafone a few days ago but no response.

60 REPLIES 60

dlcprod
1: Seeker

Hi, I am having a very similar issue, Vodafone tell me to phone Sky, Sky say it is Vodafone (which makes sense as I pay them for the channels).

The basic package works, but I pay for Sky sports pack 2 and the channels do not work.

I have tried uninstalling, re-logging in, everything. Can Vodafone please take some initiative to sort this out

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dlcprod @Scrapper72 If you're both having trouble using Sky Sports Mobile TV on our Red Entertainment, then we'd need to access your account to see what's happening. 

To allow us to do this, please contact us using the link in my private message

Hi , I am not able to use the mobile tv app. I am signed in to Sky but every time I click I am subscribed to Vodafone, nothing happens no matter what channel I choose. This has been going on for over 24hrs amd have tried live chat but not resolution as Vodafone say there is nothing wrong with my subscription  but sky say it must be a Vodafone issue. I have reinstalled the app numerous times and my wifi has always been off each time I try to make it work. I chose the contract because of the entertainment and am disappointed i cannot use it. Please help.

Thanks 

Ali

Hi @alimurdoch1 we'd be more than happy to look into your Sky Sports subscription further. Please contact via the details in the private message I've sent you. Joe

I am having the same issue.

Spoke to two different Customer Service people on Sunday and had different responses.  Eventually Joe said it was a problem with Vodafone since the 23rd December processing the subscriptions as Sky had a technical problem they needed to fix their end.

Missed a call from Vodafone Technical Team today but got the text asking me to sign up again via the link.  It worked!  Hooray!  My subsricption was active again, and I received a text to say this as well (similar to the text I had received monthly since my initial 12 month contract ended).

I have tried to use the app - still not working!

Now when I call Vodafone I get a 3rd Customer Services person telling me yet another story and blaming Sky.

Hi 

I am having the same problem since yesterday and have been told its an issue with sky sports and they will fix it "very soon". Please can someone actually help?

Thanks 

I posted  that i have the same issue on here  before the New Year, I received the same a prompt reply everyone else has been getting requesting I respond to a private message which linked me to fill in an on-line form. I filled in the form but have not received any further response.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've all had a problem when trying to access your Sky Sports app. We've been advised this has now been resolved. If you're still unable to access the app, please log out and back in. This will refresh your subscription and resolve your access issue.

Hi Mark. Thanks for your reply.

Still no difference for me. Have tried to uninstall/reinstall the app and to restart the phone. Nothing works. Instead of the stream launching, I land on a Sky sign in page.

Screenshot_20190103-141808.jpg

For all those having issues with their sky sports app. Check if you are paying for your subscription. I did and realised someone had taken it off at Vodafone even though their "help" desk looked into the issue and didn't have a clue what they were talking about. It's more than likely it has been cancelled.... so you just need to re-subscribe to it and it should work.

Don't fall for their excuse of something being wrong with the app or sky! 

Hope it works!