Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports mobile app problems

gedgar1071
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I added Sky Sports Mobile TV with Vodafone as part of my bundle on renewing my contract, and since last month have been paying £4.99/mth since my free period ended. Been having problems the past few weeks and cannot access it.

When I click on "watch" and go into "viewing options", I click on "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" and then .... nothing. My wi-if (as prompted) is temporarily switched off so my subscription can be validated, but nothing happening at all, just says on the listings screen. My network reception in my house can be iffy at times, but the same thing is happening even when I am in an area with a strong 4G signal.

Also tried deleting and re-installing app, nothing changes.

Anybody had the same problem with this app , or have any idea how to rectify this ? Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Tried emailing Vodafone a few days ago but no response.

60 REPLIES 60

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Sterry we're more than happy to look into your subscription further. Please contact us by following the private message I've sent you. 

Exactly the same for me

I have had my phone a year and despite all sorts of promises and general BS from Vodafone my sky sports football has NEVER worked. It is a complete con.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As we'll need access to your accounts to look into this @GOLDENGRACE and @Jsdh, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Hi Mark, is there any difference between contact Vodafone by Chat or Facebook/Twitter?

I don't use facebook or twitter sorry. Any other methods?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@fsvs The Live Chat experience is a more real time one to one channel of contact. However, chatting to us on Social Media leaves more flexibility to reply to us whenever you want 24/7. The only difference there, is that replies aren't instant on Social Media and you may speak to more than one advisor based on times.

@GOLDENGRACE If you're unable to contact us via Social Media, you can also contact us via calling 191 or Live Chat Here

Hi Josh, as you can see from the previous messages I have already contacted the Vodafone Chat multiples and they told me to wait for an answer from the Vodafone Comunity on this issue.

If you go to my detailed explanation you will notice that the glitch is probably in the Sky Sports Mobile App since it has not been updated since Oct 9, 2017 (!) and we are already with the Android 10 version in the mobile phones!

2 year without a software update hence why VODAFONE MUST REQUIRE AND PUSH FOR THE SKY SPORTS MOBILE APP UPDATE immediately otherwise the costumers will not be able to access the service and this is currently in Vodafone's name since it is the contractual/hiring provider part for the customer!

Let me know if still any other concern but please refer to the screenshots or videos already posted in advance.

Thanks

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Sorry about the delay getting back to you @fsvs. We've contacted Sky and they're starting to push out updates that are Android 10 compatible. Please keep checking for these using the Play Store and keep us updated. 

I am having the same issues. Can you please send me some details?