Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports mobile app problems

gedgar1071
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I added Sky Sports Mobile TV with Vodafone as part of my bundle on renewing my contract, and since last month have been paying £4.99/mth since my free period ended. Been having problems the past few weeks and cannot access it.

When I click on "watch" and go into "viewing options", I click on "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" and then .... nothing. My wi-if (as prompted) is temporarily switched off so my subscription can be validated, but nothing happening at all, just says on the listings screen. My network reception in my house can be iffy at times, but the same thing is happening even when I am in an area with a strong 4G signal.

Also tried deleting and re-installing app, nothing changes.

Anybody had the same problem with this app , or have any idea how to rectify this ? Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Tried emailing Vodafone a few days ago but no response.

60 REPLIES 60

Well after 40mins on hold, I eventually got through to technical support who refreshed my account completely and it now all works. 

I don't know if anyone else had the same as me but the first time I registered for the red entertainment, and then chose sky sports, I didn't recieve a confirmation text, however, after the "refresh" I got one instantly confirming the length of my subscription etc. 

Although frustrating to wait so long, I would give technical support a bash via 191. 

Hope that helps 👍

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad you were able to get your access to the Sky Sports app back when you called @alimurdoch1

So we can take a look into why you're stil unable to access it @Cclow@GOLDENGRACE and @sings2009, get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent you and we'll be in touch.

Hi, I’m also having issues with my Sky app with Red entertainment, would you be able to help? 

Thanks!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Entertainment Pack @Mlevans91, so I can take a look into this for you and help to get you up and running; I've also sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

Hi, Ive recently upgraded my Vodafone contract, same phone and number, got sky sports mobile again but now i can't log in... My subscribtion says i have it until 2020 but definately can't log in, so annoying, being batted back and forwards with Vodafone chat people who said it's sky's fault and won't be fixed for a week, this isn't good enough though, it was one of the main reasons i choose this contract... 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Sfra6446 we'd be happy to look into your Sky Sports query. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you.

Why have I not received one of these private messages. I have had my contract 6 weeks and I am having all the same problems. I have spent hours on the phone already with vodafone and sky. Not 1 minute of football have I been able to watch..........

@Adam wrote:

Hi @Sfra6446 we'd be happy to look into your Sky Sports query. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GOLDENGRACE I’m sorry you’re having problems with your Sky Sports app. I can see Mark posted on 6 January to say he’d sent you a private message. I’ve sent another today, in case you didn't received this.

Please follow the steps in the private message I’ve sent, so we can help get this sorted.

I have the exact same problem.  I cannot watch anything and I have checked that my subscription is still valid!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for flagging this to us @Tinytycoon08

We'll be happy to help with your Sky Sports access. So we can do this, I've sent a private message with details on how to reach our team directly. Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch to help.