Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports mobile app problems

gedgar1071
3: Seeker

I added Sky Sports Mobile TV with Vodafone as part of my bundle on renewing my contract, and since last month have been paying £4.99/mth since my free period ended. Been having problems the past few weeks and cannot access it.

When I click on "watch" and go into "viewing options", I click on "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" and then .... nothing. My wi-if (as prompted) is temporarily switched off so my subscription can be validated, but nothing happening at all, just says on the listings screen. My network reception in my house can be iffy at times, but the same thing is happening even when I am in an area with a strong 4G signal.

Also tried deleting and re-installing app, nothing changes.

Anybody had the same problem with this app , or have any idea how to rectify this ? Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Tried emailing Vodafone a few days ago but no response.

60 REPLIES 60

gedgar1071

Posted this on the Pay Monthly Services forum but have just noticed there is a similar post on this board - just reposting in case this is the more suitable forum for the question !

I added Sky Sports Mobile TV with Vodafone as part of my bundle on renewing my contract, and since last month have been paying £4.99/mth since my free period ended. Been having problems the past few weeks and cannot access it.

When I click on "watch" and go into "viewing options", I click on "I subscribe to Mobile TV via Vodafone" and then .... nothing. My wi-if (as prompted) is temporarily switched off so my subscription can be validated, but nothing happening at all, just says on the listings screen. My network reception in my house can be iffy at times, but the same thing is happening even when I am in an area with a strong 4G signal.

Also tried deleting and re-installing app, nothing changes.

Anybody had the same problem with this app , or have any idea how to rectify this ? Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Tried emailing Vodafone a few days ago but no response.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gedgar1071

As your Sky Sports mobile TV subscription has ran out, you'll need select another viewing option as you're not longer a subscriber with Vodafone.

Let us know how you get on.

Hello Carly,

I am having the exact same problem yet I am subscribed to the service. Vodafone have told me to contact Sky Sports and Sky Sports have told me to contact Vodafone. Since I am paying Vodafone for the service and my package was advertised with the service, I expect Vodafone to resolve the problem. I have registered several complaints and wasted many hours in correspondence with your customer service team in Cairo. I would be greatly appreciative if there is anything that you can do to help me resolve this problem, or at the very least, help me to cancel my Vodafone subscription and get a refund.

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer

gedgar1071
Thanks for the reply.
However I'm confused as to why I'm no longer a subscriber with Vodafone - I was charged for it last month and I never took any action to cancel it .... ?
Received my bill today and hadn't been charged for it this month, so no damage done !
Thanks again.

chambers116
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had the exact same problem, been in correspondence with Vodafone for several days. They have told me that the problem is at Sky Sports end, but when I contacted Sky they told me that I need to contact Vodafone because I don't have a Sky Sports account. The only reason I chose my package is for the Sky Sports TV service yet I am not receiving it. Vodafone have been less than useful in resolving this problem.

Please let me know if you resolve the problem.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to get your Sky Sports app sorted for you @chambers116.

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly. 

I would like some help getting my Sky sports Mobile TV set up please. I’m having the same issue. Thanks 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@100195598 We'll be happy to help set up your Sky Sports Mobile TV.

I've sent you a private message with details to contact us - please follow the steps provided and a member of our team will then be in touch to help.

Yeah I'm having the exact same problem very annoying as it was the main reason I chose this packageScreenshot_2018-04-15-14-35-08.png