Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky sports mobile tv app not working

Butley123
3: Seeker

My android phone has updated recently and ever since my sky sports mobile app hasn't been working just keeps saying check network coverage this is on WiFi and 4g it doesn't make sense I've deleted and reinstalled no luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Butley123

Hi guys I went into a Vodafone shop and simple fix was if you hold down on the app it says something like app info click on that find data storage and clear data and cache then re open the app it will still say check network coverage but if you leave it for roughly 30 secs it will start up it used to eb instant but for some reason it's now really slow but works fine once in the app hope this helps and we can all enjoy the big games cheers

View solution in original position

31 REPLIES 31

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you're struggling to use the Sky Sports app @Aanwar, I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please follow the information @TJ provided and contact us through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Having the same problem with the Sky sports app which is really frustrating. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aaronc2000 - We can check the subscription from our side and then help further with your Sky Sports app. We’ll just need to take some personal details from you securely first.

Please get in touch with us through Facebook PM for Vodafone UK, or on Twitter DM using the handle @VodafoneUK.

I have been speaking to the Red entertainment technical team over the phone and they don't know why this is happening either. We have tried unsubscribing and then sending through the text again with the link to choose what package on the red entertainment offer then installing the app again but that still comes up with no network coverage message. The person on the phone said this issue probably somehting to do with Sky and will check with them and call me back and let me know....problems occur I guess but surprised that nobody knows anything about this and that somehting like an issue regardless of who's problem it is to fix can go on for this amount of time??? 

Butley123

Hi guys I went into a Vodafone shop and simple fix was if you hold down on the app it says something like app info click on that find data storage and clear data and cache then re open the app it will still say check network coverage but if you leave it for roughly 30 secs it will start up it used to eb instant but for some reason it's now really slow but works fine once in the app hope this helps and we can all enjoy the big games cheers

Thanks for the tip guys, I have tried this and I managed to get past the message and into the app.. But after selecting any of the channels we get in our package and pressing on the Vodafone customer option, it takes me to the sky customer log in bit... I guess I'm am still stuck 😞

Thanks for the help guys all working now. @saf I had the same issue but I just disconnected from the WiFi and pressed the button when it asks you to sign in for the Vodafone link. Then the confirmation is done via your vodafone signal. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to see you're able to access the Sky Sports app @Butley123 and your tip sounds like it's done the trick for @Tmg07.

Can you let us know if you're still experiencing difficulty accessing it @Saf1 and we'll be happy to take another look into this for you.

Yes still the same problem 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Saf1 I've just had a check of our inbox and I can't see a message from yourself. If you've previously been in contact using the private message I sent, please let us know your unique reference number - this looks like [#12233445]. 

If you didn't get in touch last time I sent the private message over, please do so this time so we're able to take a closer look into your Sky Sports Mobile TV issue 😊