Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky sports mobile tv app not working

Butley123
3: Seeker

My android phone has updated recently and ever since my sky sports mobile app hasn't been working just keeps saying check network coverage this is on WiFi and 4g it doesn't make sense I've deleted and reinstalled no luck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Butley123

Hi guys I went into a Vodafone shop and simple fix was if you hold down on the app it says something like app info click on that find data storage and clear data and cache then re open the app it will still say check network coverage but if you leave it for roughly 30 secs it will start up it used to eb instant but for some reason it's now really slow but works fine once in the app hope this helps and we can all enjoy the big games cheers

View solution in original position

31 REPLIES 31

Hi Guys,

I cannot seem to access my SkySports Mobile TV app even though my Sky ID and login a fine.

It has been working well for over 4 years...  I have been paying £4.99 a month for Pack 1 & Pack 2 as I am a loyal customer and I have been using this service separately due to my previous sim only 12 month deal running out in 2017 that included both packs.  As a result I carried on paying for my sim only deal for over 2 years as the deal was a good one with a line discout that expires in May 2019, whilst also seperately paying for the SkySports Mobile TV service.  On the 20th of this month I decided to sign up for another Sim only Red Entertainment deal for 12 months with more GBs on offer and this also inlcluded the SkySports mobile TV pack...

Since upgrading to another 12 month sim only deal with the Skysports Mobile TV App (pack 1 and 2 incIuded due to loyalty etc) I keep getting error messages when trying to use the SkySports Mobile TV App even though I am down as subscibed to the service on the Vodafone system.

I first spoke to a Vodafone customer service team member who advised me that it was a problem with Sky and gave me the number to contact them.  After spending about 20 minutes speaking to a Sky representative, I was informed after they done a check on their systems that it was a Vodafone problem to deal with as both my Sky ID and password were ok on their system.

I have since spoken to 2 Vodafone customer service representatives since the 24th and still nothing has been resolved... even though they have called me back 2/3 times each... on both occiasions being told that the issue is being looked into and to wait 48 hours...

I have deleted the app off my iphone about 5/6 times (deletes App and data etc) and reinstalled it with no joy in getting the issue resolved...  Also i have even changed the password on my Sky ID as well which works fine as I can login to the SkySports Mobile TV App without no issues, but I cannot watch any of the channels due to;

"Subscription Expired"

"Your Sky Sports Moble TV subscription has expiered.  Please contact Vodafone to re-subscribe"

"Error Code 9002"

I have include 2 files of screen shots on my Iphone showing the messages and a further file showing that my current subscription is active for another year...

AJ Vodafone SkySports Mobile TV 1.PNGAJ Vodafone SkySports Mobile TV 2.PNGAJ Vodafone SkySports Mobile TV Subscription.PNG
Any help in getting this issue ressolved would be greatly appreciated...

Kind Regards

AJ 

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for the screenshots @AJ-Scuba, that's really helpful.

We had a slight issue some time ago when the Sky Sports app updated, but this was quickly resolved.

I'm sorry that you were asked to contact Sky, this is not the correct way forward. This will be a subscription issue.

We'll be able to sort this and get you back up and running.

I've sent you a private message with details of how to get in touch.

Blair

The SkySports Mobile TV service is now up and running, and i can access my original sport packs 1&2.

Vodafone customer services managed to reset my subscription to the entertainment pack service  via my account and getting me to sign up again to my selected choice of SkySports Mobile TV.  This was acheived by contacting 191 and being put through to the entertainment pack technical support team on Sunday 31st March 2019.  All in all this took about 20 minutes to ressolve over the telephone so no complaints here.

Thank you for the excellent response time in getting this ressolved.

Kind Regards

AJ

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AJ-Scuba Thanks for letting us know this has all been sorted for you and your Sky Sports Mobile TV subscription is up and running. If there’s anything further we’re able to help you with, please let us know 🙂

We now have problems again. Since Android updated it stopped older versions of sky app running and version 3_0 of sky app only casts audio to Google home and no longers casts the images.

We now have problems again. Since Android updated it stopped older versions of sky app running and version 3_0 of sky app only casts audio to Google home and no longers casts the images.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If reinstalling the Sky Sports app doesn't do the trick for you @ukracer, please pop a message over to us on Twitter or Facebook. Our team will take a look into any issues you're having and help to get this sorted.

I have tried and tried but sadly it looks like it's a pile of ##~## and sky are intent on preventing us streaming from our phone to a bigger screen.

I don't use Twitter.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ukracer I've had a look into this and it appears the Sky Sports app is no longer compatible with casting devices such as Chromecast. Depending on your phone and TV, you may be able to air cast or mirror your phone screen.

Yes we know they have blocked us. What we are asking is WHY?

You will loose custom soon as I only stay with Vodafone as I can watch the F1 when on holiday.