main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Some websites redirect me to Vodafone site

2: Seeker

Hi guys
When i try to visit certain websites using 4g on my android phone, it redirects me to Vodafone website. Websites are not age restricted, mostly some gaming news sites. It's really annoying, any ideas what to do.

Works normal on WiFi and with other providers.

P.S before you ask, age restriction control is off.

View more options
33 REPLIES

I am having exactly the same problem over past week, are you being redirected to the sitemap page? Also sometimes I et redirected to Vodafone page saying that the link may be broken. Went into Vodafone shop today and they don't even know what is going on

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Giorgialeigh @Danoniero

Unfortunately there has also been some recent posts similar to what's happening with you. 

This could be attributed to the Content Control feature. 

Most people are using Customer service on 191 or Live Chat for help. 

The Vodafone Team here are aware of this issue too that's affecting some customers. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

I contacted on live chat and they was unable to help so I have emailed Vodafone and now waiting for a response.

View more options

Yes it goes to Vodafone site map.

So in general there is no solution, and nobody knows why the problem occurs.

Well if it won't get fixed i guess i will be forced to leave as i use my data a lot and don't see point in paying for half working product.

View more options

@Giorgialeigh Did you receive a reference number when submitting your email? This would be sent to you in an automated email response and will look similar to #12345678. Please confirm this back to us and we'll be happy to check on the progress of this for you.

@Danoniero Were the Live Chat team able to help? If you need assistance after speaking with the team, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

View more options

Yes me too. I have just upgraded as well but will not pay for a service I am not getting 

View more options
17: Community Champion

This is a known issue and is being investigated.   I'm not sure whether it's universal or only affecting some users.   I'm also not sure whether the Tech Team are able to resolve it on an individual basis with account access.

I've asked about progress as it's been happening for at least a week.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi all,

I have been having exactly the same issue, have contacted Vodafone 3 times through the online web chat and spoken to their technical team who assured me there are no content restrictions on my account. However I still keep having this issue.

Having just signed up to a new contract it really isn't good enough from Vodafone as at the moment it seems they are misinforming customers, it's resolved and not providing the service they should be.

View more options

@nadrojselig

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Our IT team are doing daily patches to fix this issue for any customers affected. The problem will be sorted as soon as possible. 

View more options

I have also just upgraded and signed a new contract with them. I wish I never bothered as I have had norbinf but Trouble since doing so. Spoke to a call centre in Indian and one of their advisors who was dealing with my complaint and they hung up on me twice when saying they are going to olace me on hold for a moment. Also spoke with tech advisor who said he would call back in couple hours and he hasn't. Really not happy at all

View more options

@Giorgialeigh As advised by Chazz earlier in this thread, our IT team are aware of this issue and are working hard to get this resolved for all affected customers, as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

View more options

Doesn't excuse the Crap customer service I have received recently, not only over this issue but over the other issues I have had since upgrading with you 6 weeks ago.

View more options

@Giorgialeigh

We're sorry to hear about your experience. 

So we can help resolve the issues you've been having since upgrading, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

I'm suffering the same issue.

Vodafone, please sort this ASAP. I have disabled Content Control and Secure Net and yet have the same issue as many others have described here.

I've found a temporary resolution is to use the "internet" APN instead of the "wap.vodafone.co.uk" APN. Details on configuring this can be found at:

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings

I'm disappointed though as I've been new customer for three days and am not happy that I've had to find my own workaround. I'm holding off on transferring my phone number from my previous provider until I decide not to use the 30 day cancellation clause.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@asoffe

It's not great to hear of your disappointment. 

Rest assured, we're working as quickly as we can to get this resolved. 

View more options

Hi,

After testing today, it appears that my issue has been resolved.

View more options

That's great to hear @asoffe, thanks for keeping us updated :smileyhappy:

If there's anything else we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

View more options

i am having the same problem and it is getting frustrating that people have been reporting this issue for so long. I am not paying for a service i am not recieving. 

View more options

@flecky1988

Please clear your cache and cookies and ensure the content control bar is lifted on your account. You can check this on your My Vodafone online account

If after trying this you're still seeing the content control block, please note that our Technical team are currently working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible for all those who've been affected.

View more options