main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Some websites redirect me to Vodafone site

1: Seeker

Do you have an update on progress for any of the people on this forum please? The issue is still happening and if its hard to see why it is taking so long for the technical team to sort...

It sounds a like we are being fobbed off which to be honest seems to be a now common trend with most of your customer service 

View more options

I am having exactly the same issue and when I've spoken to an advisor I've had excuses like 'the mast near your location is under repair' which to me is fascinating as how would that affect some websites and not others....? Staggering the excuses that have come up for it. I want an answer rather than being lied too. Is this possible....? I pay for my contract and this is not the service I expect to be receiving and feel that if this isn't fixed then I should be compensated in some way.

View more options

Our Technical team are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible for all those who've been affected.

View more options

I am having this same problem. Also a relatively new customer and have become very frustrated with Vodafone. Can someone (Mods?) Give any update on why this is happening and how I can get this sorted Asap please.

View more options
2: Seeker

I solved the problem. Make sure you have adult content bar off, and deactivate Vodafone secure net. Turning content bar only does not do the trick, because secure net still prevents you from entering website that may be harmless but system is not good enough and there is a lot false positive hence some websites are not accessible. I think you can do it through Vodafone app.

Secure net is an optional service but every new customer gets it so make sure you deactivate it.

View more options

It was resolved for me within 48 hrs (but longer than 24hrs) of disabling both SecureNet and the Content Bar.

I expected these to disable quite quickly as it should be relatively simple for that switch to apply quickly. It isn't made clear that disabling these can take what feels like ages.

My short term fix was to use the "internet" APN instead of the "wap.vodafone.co.uk" one if you have access in your phone to change this. http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings

View more options

This is happening to me, come on Vodafone sort it out

View more options

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with this @wayneblackwell.

Does this still happen after clearing your cache and cookies?
Please also ensure that there are no content control bars on your account - you can manage this in My Vodafone.

Let us know how you get on.

View more options

Hi,

Exactly the same problem here, if someone could look into it that would be great. Age restriction and secure net are off.

View more options
Administrator

@DrHeini I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

So we can look into this further, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. 

View more options

I have just upgraded and am now having the same issue. 

According to my Vodafone both content control and secure net are switched off.

what is the fox?

View more options

We'll take a look into this for you @Dannyj83.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to reach our team.

View more options

I have been having the same problem since i changed my price plan.. has anyone been able to gix the problem.. 

View more options

@Scottym - Please check if your content control bar is showing as switched off on your My Vodafone account.

If it's already off, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message. We’ll then take a look into this for you. ☺️

View more options