Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spam calls

s93
4: Newbie

Hi all,

I keep getting calls from 01709 357345. I've been getting 2 every day.

I've blocked the number but they somehow still keep calling. I'm quite sure that it isn't a scammer/spoofed number either.

My phone number is signed up to the TPS and I've opted out of Vodafone's marketing but they still keep calling me.

I'm tempted to go back to EE now. I've had nothing but problems so far with Vodafone and this might just be what makes me leave.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @s93

This is definitely a Vodafone number, please see here:  Is it Vodafone calling?.  If you have just joined Vodafone this may well be the Welcome Team just to make sure you are happy with the service.  

If you have opted out of marketing calls, it can take up to 30 days before the calls finally stop.  However, live chat can always make absolutely certain you are opted out.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @s93

This is definitely a Vodafone number, please see here:  Is it Vodafone calling?.  If you have just joined Vodafone this may well be the Welcome Team just to make sure you are happy with the service.  

If you have opted out of marketing calls, it can take up to 30 days before the calls finally stop.  However, live chat can always make absolutely certain you are opted out.

I joined Vodafone in early September 2018, but I've only just got these calls yesterday. 

They called twice yesterday and 3 times today (they're calling as I'm typing this). 

I opted out of marketing as soon as I took out the contract and my phone number was already signed up to the TPS.

I will try Live Chat and see if it works though.

Thanks for your help @AnnS

hrym

When I added a number to my account (30-day SIM only), one of the first calls it got was about upgrading.   I said I didn't want to receive marketing calls and never had another one.   The simplest solution might be to answer one of the calls and ask them to opt you out.   My experience suggests they will.

I'll try that when they call later then. Thanks for your help.