Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split Porting Issue - Please Help

Thorough
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Everyone,

I joined Vodafone this month and decided to transfer my number from the previous provider (plusnet). I requested and received the PAC code from plusnet on Mon 16 Sep, which I passed on to Vodafone on the same day, using their online form. The number was to be moved on Wed 18 Sep by 5pm, but all I got on 18 Sep was a text message from Vodafone at 6pm, saying that they are still waiting on some information from my previous provider and that there might be a slight delay.

I waited until 4pm the next day, Thu 19 Sep, then called 191 for an update. The agent switched a couple of times to the porting team while I was on the line and eventually assured me that the transfer was in progress and would be finalised by midnight Fri 20 Sep. That did not happen.

Here is an overview of the current situation:

XXX17 - the temporary Voda number to be replaced by XXX45 (Voda SIM, iPhone 7)

XXX45 - the plusnet number to be transferred to Voda (plusnet SIM - still active, iPhone 4s)

OUTGOING CALLS:

from XXX17 - show as XXX45

from XXX45 - show as XXX45

OUTGOING TEXTS:

from XXX17 - not sent/delivered

from XXX45 - delivered as XXX45

INCOMING CALLS:

to XXX17 - invalid number/ number not recognised, phone not ringing

to XXX45 - the XXX45 plusnet phone rings

INCOMING TEXTS:

to XXX17 - not delivered

to XXX45 - delivered to the XXX45 plusnet phone

VOICEMAIL:

still answered by plusnet

To make things even more frustrating, I am now unable to log in to My Vodafone app/account, because the security code is sent to the original/temporary number XXX17, which is not active anymore.

It's been 6 days since I gave the PAC code to Vodafone, and so far I have only experienced delays and misinformation.

I can see that the same problem was solved in numerous other similar threads, so I do hope that this post finds its way into someone's competent and conscientious hands. Any help to resolve the issue asap is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I really do feel for you due the frustration that is caused when things go wrong @Thorough 

As Account Access isn't available via this forum anymore I would suggest to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams here via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for a prompt reply @BandOfBrothers

Already tweeted the link to the post @VodafoneUK

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Thorough 

I'm sure they'll try to bring this to an amicable resolution for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your support @BandOfBrothers

UPDATE: All sorted before noon today. Exhale :Smiling: