Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split Porting Issues!

Moynul78
3: Seeker
Hello,

Can someone please assist me as I'm struggling to get the Porting team/Customer service team to solve my issue.

I joined Vodafone a week ago and I still haven't been able to use then due to my number not being transferred correctly. I can make calls and text and my transferred number appears, however nobody is able to reach out to me as it keeps saying my number is not recognised.

I transferred from Virgin and all the routing files have been sent as far as they are concerned. Every day I ring up customer services I keep being told to give it 24 hours and now I'm on the 7th day and this cannot continue.

Can anyone advise why this is taking so long and if there is any way I can get my number working as it's my work number and is important it is up and running again.

Thank you 😞
24 REPLIES 24

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Totally understand why you would be frustrated and unimpressed with the situation concerning the split port. 

Once this has been reported by the account holder to customer service then they escalate this to the porting teams if they cannot resolve the situation. 

Unfortunately I'm not sure if they can give an accurate timeframe when this happens. 

Personally if this was my situation I'd keep a log of the length of time this takes to resolve and of the contact I'd made to Vodafone including dates , names and times and then pass this feedback via letter or further phobe call. This is one way Vodafone can keep a track on these situations and adapt. 

I really do hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Moynul78
Thank you for the reply.

Yes I have been making notes of everyday calls to them.

I just want it to be sorted as they happily will take my payments for the rental however the service I'm getting is affecting my daily job as my clients are unable to reach me.

I will be writing to them in detail once this hopefully gets resolved as I will look for some compensation or discount in further monthly payments.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

From what I read most instances are resolved quickly. 

Unfortunately some are not resolved as fast as everyone would want. 

Sometimes turning the phone Off and On can help if they resolve the porting files in between. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Moynul78

From what you have written, Vodafone should have already raised a split port request with your previous provider.

With porting not taking place over a weekend on any network, hopefully Vodafone will get your incoming service working early next week.

If you do not have full service next week, please come back to the forum, the Team here will be able to help.

Moynul78
Thank you for your response. I raised the port transfer last Friday and was told it would be completed by Mon 5pm. However subsequent calls this week I kept hearing "up to 24 hours" every day and today we are now on Friday.

I even spoke to Virgin today to let them know of my issues and to confirm they have sent everything across that has been asked of them and they said it's all complete their end.

I can't do anything now and just hope it's sorted Monday.

PS- I have been rebooting my phone every 2 hours this week in the off chance it sorts itself! 😞

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Moynul78

Sorry to hear you're having issues with porting your number. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us, please follow the link to email us.

Moynul78
Ok thanks. This still isn't resolved and I hope you can assist in this as I may have no choice but to terminate contract as I need my work phone up and running.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Moynul78 Have you been able to get in touch with us, using the details provided by Carly? If so, we'll be in touch with further help as soon as possible.

Moynul78
Hi Colleen,

Yes I did fill in that form and I got a call this morning from the tech team who advised me my prenvious provider has completed everything their end and it should all be working now.

So as instructed I rebooted phone but I am still unable to receive any calls or text.

I have replied back to yourselves and waiting to hear back from someone.

Thanks