Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split Porting Issues!

Moynul78
3: Seeker
Hello,

Can someone please assist me as I'm struggling to get the Porting team/Customer service team to solve my issue.

I joined Vodafone a week ago and I still haven't been able to use then due to my number not being transferred correctly. I can make calls and text and my transferred number appears, however nobody is able to reach out to me as it keeps saying my number is not recognised.

I transferred from Virgin and all the routing files have been sent as far as they are concerned. Every day I ring up customer services I keep being told to give it 24 hours and now I'm on the 7th day and this cannot continue.

Can anyone advise why this is taking so long and if there is any way I can get my number working as it's my work number and is important it is up and running again.

Thank you 😞
24 REPLIES 24

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Moynul78

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I can see that one of the team has been in touch today. 

Thanks, 

Hi Amanda,

yes i I have numerous correspondence from the tech team but unfortunately I'm still in the same position and have been told to wait for another 48-72 hours!

im afraid I have waited long enough and as this is a crucial work phone, I will wait until tomorrow and then cancel this contract.

it seems this doesn't look like resolving at all and I am the one losing out as it is affecting my job as I cannot continue to keep being told to give it 24 hours everyday as it's obvious the fairies can't do any magic to this situation.

thanks

Hi,

Please can someone from the tech team get in touch as it has been 72 hours now no this hasn't been resolved. I have had enough of being given timescales and nothing has been met so it is time to get out.

i would like to cancel the contract please as I need a SIM that actually works and for that I'm most likely going to have to leave.

thanks 

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Moynul78

Sorry to hear you've not receieved your callback and you feel this way.

If you've still not heard back from the Technical team, please contact our Live Chat team. They'll be happy to chase this up for you.

luc011001
1: Seeker
I seem to have the same issue. What do I need to do next? Who do I contact as it seems from the thread that contacting a store or customer services is not the best way.

Moynul78
You are better waiting for a response from the technical team here on this forum as they sent me a link to fill in details and I got a better response from them rather than ringing through. Unfortunately you will have expect some time for this to be sorted and don't expect a promise of 24 hours to be true as it room me 2 weeks to have my number fully ported!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@luc011001 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@Moynul78 We're glad to hear your issue was resolved! 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused along the way. 

Hi, I believe I have a split port issue as this happens whenever I switch provider. I can make calls from the ported number but I cannot receive calls or texts.

In this case I have ported my number from O2.

I don't have a useable service at present, help!!

Thanks

For info, my number is traceable to the BT network where it originated back in 2004. I've used mobilephonechecker and the aql portal which both show the same information for the number.

Thanks

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Stone_deaf

We'll be happy to look into this for you.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.