Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split Porting Issues!

Moynul78
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hello,

Can someone please assist me as I'm struggling to get the Porting team/Customer service team to solve my issue.

I joined Vodafone a week ago and I still haven't been able to use then due to my number not being transferred correctly. I can make calls and text and my transferred number appears, however nobody is able to reach out to me as it keeps saying my number is not recognised.

I transferred from Virgin and all the routing files have been sent as far as they are concerned. Every day I ring up customer services I keep being told to give it 24 hours and now I'm on the 7th day and this cannot continue.

Can anyone advise why this is taking so long and if there is any way I can get my number working as it's my work number and is important it is up and running again.

Thank you 😞
24 REPLIES 24

Golffii
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone Community,

I am having the exact same issue with my phone number being ported from O2 two weeks ago! With several hours spent on the phone with Vodafone technical support nobody has resolved the porting issue which causes my phone to be unable to receive calls or SMS. I am able to call from the phone and the correct number shows up but I cannot receive from the same recipient in addition to the iMessage and FaceTime issues on top due to activation errors.

PLEASE HELP VODAFONE!

Br,

Golffii

Hi all,

RESOLVED! The issue was with the porting counterparty (in this case O2) as the porting had only partially gone through. My suggestion (after 8 calls to tech support and client services at Vodafone during 2 weeks) please ask to be connected directly to Porting Team 8:00AM - 5:00PM and they will check if everything went smoothly with the porting counterparty and that resolved everything in a few hours to me, great service from Kevin Pownall @ Vodafone Porting!!!

Br,

Golffii

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Golffii Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm really glad to hear this has now been resolved ðŸ˜Š Thanks for letting us know and for the lovely feedback about Kevin. I'll make sure this is passed onto him for you. 

Hi I have the exact same issue and I can't have a phone that's not receiving incoming calls and texts please help. 

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lizzywizzy We'll be more than happy to take a look into what's happening for you. So we can, I've sent you a private message with instructions on how you can get in touch.