Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split porting issue from O2 to Vodafone

greid
2: Seeker

I ported my number from O2 to Vodafone on 04/04/19.

Since then I cannot receive calls from O2 mobiles or any UK landlines.  I cannot receive international SMS messages or OTP from banks etc.

I have read other similar posts here suggesting this is the result of a split port, but Vodafone's porting team say everything has been completed successfully - although confirmed there WAS a split service initially.

I have spent nearly 4 hours on the phone with customer services who are unable to help.  I have been through the phone settings, had SIM refreshes, network disconnections and reconnections etc.  Nobody seems able to help.

Is there a member of Vodafone staff here who can escalate the matter to somebody more senior in the porting team who can investigate the issue fully?

3 REPLIES 3

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @greid we would need to take a closer look into your account to see what the problem is. So we can do so, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

musab90

Hi I'm having a similar issue. Everything is fine apart from the OTP messages from apps such as WhatsApp, Monzo, Starling, Viber, Signal ect..

Customer service is horrendous. I've spent the best part of the last 3 months on the phone to them. Now I've got an official complainet logged and someone from "Customer Relations" is having a look but so far he hasn't done anything new or different and I still can't receive the OTP messages.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It's a shame to hear of the experience you've had with us, since you've had difficulty porting your number over to our network @musab90. I'm sorry this has led to you raising a complaint to our Customer Relations team.

As this dedicated team are our highest point of escalation, rest assured they'll work hard to resolve the issues you're currently having. If there's anything in the meantime I'm able to help you with, don't hesitate to pop me a message.